Tablescanner doesn't see players on PokerStars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tablescanner doesn't see players on PokerStars

Hello,

When I run a local scan on PokerStars, the TableScanner does not detect any players at the tables. Instead some random strings containing garbage are shown as players' names that obviously don't match anything. I am running the latest version of HM (1.11.07a) and checked that table filters in TableScanner and PokerStars match. What am I doing wrong?

Please see attached screenshots of TableScanner and PokerStars ring game filters that I use.

Create a new database and reimport your handhistories. Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thanks. I take it if I backup my database, delete it and then restore, this would work as well?

Quite a messy way to deal with a bug, anyway.

By reimporting the original handhistories into an empty database I want to see if the old database might had a corruption causing this.

Backup/Restore won't work, since it will restore the corrupted database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I created a new database and imported 10 hand histories into it (since exporting and importing my full 2mln database didn't seem to be feasible) and then ran a tablescan. The error persists. I am not sure I can export/import my full database even if it is needed, it will probably take a very long time both ways.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with English (United States) as the regional settings.

In the new database. First run a scan when the database is completely empty.
    Next import a couple of OLD hands (from early this year). Run a scan.
    Finally, import last week's hand/most recent hands. Run a scan.

When does the error take place? Only after importing the most recent hands?

I'm using 8.3.8 (or 8.3.7, not sure where to look for the last number).

I'm already using US regional settings with M/d/yyyy for date format.

I've created a new empty database. Ran a scan. The error persists.
    I've imported 10 hands from February. Ran a scan. The error persists.
    I've imported 10 hands from today. Ran a scan. The error persists.

I think last time I used Table Scanner prior to today was somewhere this winter. This was on another computer, but the database I'm using now is a backuped/restored database from that computer.

Install PostgreSQL 9.0.4 to port 5433.
    PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database

Connect to port 5433 (in Database Management) and check if that solves it.

I might try that later, the download page is not happy, when I click the download button here I get redirected to https://www.enterprisedb.com/crossover-registration which is a 404.

Do you think I will not have any problems installing a 9.0.4 to go together with my 8.3.8? I see that the port should be a different one.

Try: Download PostgreSQL 9.0.3 (x64) - OldApps.com
    (=9.0.3 is also fine)

Official PostgreSQL page seems to have a conflict with the download page.

If you have 8.3.8, updating to 8.3.15 might also fix it... but to make sure the issue isn't caused by your PostgreSQL, it's best to install 9.0.x to a different port. Then import a sample of hands in the 9.0.x database.