HEM wont start. "could not load sortkey.nlp or one of its dependencies"

Exclamation HEM wont start. "could not load sortkey.nlp or one of its dependencies"

As usual with stuff like this let me first say if I missed this error somewhere else, my bad. Ive looked and havent really found any info on this error.

Heres the backstory

Over a week ago I downloaded some new Windows Updates. I usually ignore these, but they were piling up so I said ok fine. After taking forever to install, Windows rebooted and I got a glorious message that some of the updates couldnt install and Windows was unable to start. I was pretty livid obviously, but a Windows restore app popped up and ran pretty good, and my system booted. I was happy. Then when I tried to run HEM I got this message

Ive searched this error in google and really havent found much info on it at all. It popped up in a thread about the Windows .NET Framework. I downloaded, and ran a .NET fixer app. It did not solve it. I then made sure I got the most up to date .NET. This did not solve anything either. I even reinstalled PostGRES. Nope.

I uninstalled and reinstalled HEM twice and also no fix.

Please help. I need and miss my graph, and its pretty blue red and green lines.

Thank you.

also I just downloaded 1.11.07 and that didnt solve anything either

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Windows firewall

Avast anti-virus

In the OP I forgot to mention that I also did try turning off the firewall with no help.

I just did everything you mentioned also, and it is still the same error

Please uninstall HEM using Revo Uninstaller: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...o+Uninstaller+

After completion please reboot your computer and download and install the full installer from our homepage. Please make sure that the postgresql option is disabled during the installation.

after doing all that, still the same error

Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.
    Windows 7 is updated to Service Pack 1?

Reboot your computer.
    Then run another Windows Update... until ALL updates are installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I just did the manual install of all updates and now the newest beta build of HEM IS LOADING.

Its actually service pack 1. Am I way behind?

HEM seems to be working fine, I dont know if I should do anything else. Do you really recommend turning off UAC?

Either way, thanks a lot for the help thus far.

Service Pack 1 is fine. (there is no SP2 for Windows 7)

I do recommend turning off UAC. How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

ok. once again thanks a lot. you have been a major help