1.06.01s - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.06.01s

This release fixed the HUD bug I was having where I had trouble getting the hand history window to pop-up by double clicking it (it would sometimes take 20 clicks).

However, it has broken the "transparent" background option. When transparent background is selected, the font opacity goes to completely invisible, regardless the opacity setting so you cant see it regardless what the opacity value is.

hm, my 15h/s average seems to have gone up almost 10x quicker now?

Quote Originally Posted by solinar View Post
    This release fixed the HUD bug I was having where I had trouble getting the hand history window to pop-up by double clicking it (it would sometimes take 20 clicks).

However, it has broken the "transparent" background option. When transparent background is selected, the font opacity goes to completely invisible, regardless the opacity setting so you cant see it regardless what the opacity value is.
    Fixed in "t" which will be out later tonight - sorry about that.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    5.5 million at once is probably a bit much - can you try deleting them in 1 million hand chunks? I've had many people tell me that 1 million went fine for them.
    How can I do that? They are all from one limit.
    Last edited by devZERO; 08-09-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evok View Post
    i guess im going to try to defragment again,
    any hints on how to get full access?
    The built-in defrag tools in Windows are pretty poor at handling advanced defrag duties. 3rd party defrag tools are the way to go, and they typically cost money -- like DiskKeeper and PerfectDisk. Both will handle locked files, either through low-level driver access or by defragging on reboot before Windows loads.

However there are now some freeware tools that improve greatly upon the built-in defragger. I use PerfectDisk so I haven't tried them, and don't know which support defrag-on-reboot or whatever, but they get rave reviews. Try one or both and you'll probably be happy.

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran68 View Post
    The built-in defrag tools in Windows are pretty poor at handling advanced defrag duties. 3rd party defrag tools are the way to go, and they typically cost money -- like DiskKeeper and PerfectDisk. Both will handle locked files, either through low-level driver access or by defragging on reboot before Windows loads.

However there are now some freeware tools that improve greatly upon the built-in defragger. I use PerfectDisk so I haven't tried them, and don't know which support defrag-on-reboot or whatever, but they get rave reviews. Try one or both and you'll probably be happy.

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag
    Well, you are right that the shipped defragmentation tool is not good. But in most none professional settings it should do the job.

I wonder what other process than PostgreSQL could lock the files ...

@evok: On which OS are you running? Are the files also locked when you do not auto-start the PostgreSQL process? You could use a tool like Process Monitor to figure out which process locks the files ...
    Last edited by poiuz; 08-09-2008 at 12:30 PM.

I'm running win xp

i downloaded the trial of O&O Defrag and it worked
    going to test the speeds now again

@veteran thanks anyway, guess i'm trying one of those once the trial time is over

edit: 70k hands in 30 mins
    Last edited by evok; 08-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    2 minutes? That is slow but 213000 won't be 1000 times slower than 213 since a lot of the work scanning the different tables is done regardless. I'll of course try to improve this but I deleted 500K hands in my db in about 10 minutes.

Roy
    It has taken be over 2h (and still going) to purge about 1m hands in a 1.5m hands DB...
    I had to restart it on a previous try when i got a connection timeout error.

PC Specs: Q6600, 8 GB RAM, 2x Raptor 10Krpm in RAID0. Database had been vacuumed and analysed. HDD had been defraged.

I'm sure this has been reported (or perhaps im doing something wrong) but I seem unable to move "my stats" to another location without effecting the same spot on other tables regardless of whether "Fix My Stats Position" is checked or unchecked.

I just upgraded to this version from .01i and my import speed has gone down to 40/s from around 80/s.