HEM and Postgres install manual

Default HEM and Postgres install manual

Hello,

I just got a new computer running Vista and am having difficulty installing Postges. I have disabled the UAC, the firewall, and anti virus and Postges still won't install using the packaged installer.

I need to get the install manuals, that you used to offer, so that I can install each component separately and configure them. Please provide me with a link to these manuals as I can't seem to find them. All I can find are some worthless videos.

Thanks

Make sure your secondary logon is running:
    The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Download the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hope it works

What I really need is the install instructions, including the passwords that should be set on the PostgresSQL. Basically, I need the install instruction for PostgresSQL that used to be available before these worthless garbage videos replaced them.

Just to clarify what I want:

I need the install instructions (for PostgresSQL) that used to be provided, in the quick start section, a year ago before HEM & PostgreSQL came in a single installer. Please reply with a link to those instructions and only those instructions. Please do not post any other suggestions or material!

Password is: postgrespass
    If it doesn't accept the password, delete the postgres user first.

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

How to manually install PostgreSQL 8.x: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...g+Old+Database
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Yes, that worked.
    Thanks for the link to the old manual/instructions.