Import error: "Player Hand Error: Connection establishment timeout."

Default Import error: "Player Hand Error: Connection establishment timeout."

Trying to convert one of my larger PT DBs, so i exported all HHs to txt files (about 1.6Mil HHs), and tried importing them all to a HEM db i created...it got about a third of the way thru, but is now giving me the following error: "Player Hand Error: Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString."

I closed HEM and tried re-opening it and directing it back to the same folder, hoping it would pick up where it left off, but about 30 seconds after i press the 'Import From Folder" button, it gives me the same error.

Can you make sure postgreSQL hasnt stopped and if so restart it: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

Also make sure your not running PT at the same time or another program that might be using PostgreSQL like EV Graph etc just to make sure they are not causing the problem.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Solution did not work -- I rebooted, so PT2 was def not running, tried to start my HEM import where it left off and got exactly the same message.

one more possible culprit -- i just realized that i have postgres 8.0 installed, not 8.2/3 -- could that be a problem?

Actually unless you double posted, someone else has the same problem and is also using 8.0 so try upgrading but ive looked into this an this is one of those errors that indicate something like anti virus / firewall / komodo type software is getting in the way of the connection between HM and postgres. The timeout is 15 seconds - normally it takes a few milliseconds to create a connection. So try disabling/closing any of these type applications and try again
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

God, i think i just really screwed up -- I won't copy/paste this info, but can you please see this post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=269850

Ok glad to see you got sorted, let us know how it goes when you upgrade