Winnings calculated incorrectly - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by B-Money View Post
    Internal testing shows this is fixed. If not, let us know and we'll research it more. I saw a checkin for the fix and internal testers confirmed it's fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    updater is fixed
    it finds non-default HM2 install folder and puts new files there
    both automatic and manual installers
    Sorry, but not fixed for me. Was this tested in 64-bit Windows 7?

It just installed itself to C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2 without prompting, while HM2 was installed to D:\Games\Poker\Holdem Manager 2. Leaving the icon and uninstaller hijacked to point to the incomplete update install, just like before.

Here's my icon properties before installing the 26 update, showing where my full install (b4602) resides:

Here's the installer doing its thing immediately after I clicked Install:

And here's the resulting icon properties pointing to the now-broken C: install (as the uninstaller does as well):

I had to uninstall, then reinstall using the full installer #5 over the top of the existing D:\Games\Poker\Holdem Manager 2 folder, and let the auto updater update to build 4602.

Oh, and another bug with the updater: neither the Cancel button, the red X, nor "Close Window" from the taskbar icon work to abort the update and close the installer window. You can only click on Install to proceed or kill the process from Task Manager.

C'mon now guys -- this is routine installer package stuff, not rocket science. I can't understand why the updaters from both HM1 and HM2 give you so many problems like this.

Sorry to hijack the OP's post with this, but since it's the first place I saw the new updater mentioned...

Thanks for the update Veteran68.

I just tested this and it doesn't appear to be working for me either. Win7 64

I just finished uploading a new build so the automatic download install should work for non-default installs. I'll continue testing this with the rest of the testing team to hopefully get this resolved once and for all.

Thanks for your patience.

OK, but what is this? See picture with non-default folder.
    Possibly this works fine for XP only?
    One of my low-end PC features is: some HM2 things work for all others, but not for me.
    This time is vice versa
    Last edited by Sarek; 07-06-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    OK, but what is this? See picture with non-default folder.
    Possibly this works fine for XP only?
    One of my low-end PC features is: some HM2 things work for all others, but not for me.
    This time is vice versa
    Well Brent and I have the issue with Win7 64-bit, so it's possible. The internal updater works fine, but the external manual updater always wants to install to C:.

Which brings up another point: both the HM1 and HM2 updaters never verify that an install exists. Both will happily install a partial install to a new directory. For an updater, this should not happen. It should first verify an existing install, and if not found, generate an error and abort the update, rather than blindly continuing with an install that won't work.

Where is the updater reading the current install path from? I'm at work and can't check, but I'm assuming it's reading it from the registry like most apps do. I am Admin on the PC and UAC is disabled, so it shouldn't be an issue of registry permissions or anything of that sort.

If you haven't figured it by the time I get home this evening, I'll try the update again and run a registry access trace to see where the manual updater is looking and what error, if any, it gets. Then I'll trace the internal updater which always manages to get it right. Maybe the comparison will help point you in the right direction.

Tracing will be helpfull, thanks.

Thanks for the offer to help Vet. Programming is looking into this and I don't think you need to put any more time into it. We appreciate the feedback and we'll get this solved.