More notes, bugs, and suggestions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More notes, bugs, and suggestions

Here's a list I've gathered over the last couple of days. I've not dug completely through the forum so some may be dupes.

• HUD Options -> Stat Properties -> Color Range:
      • Color Selection dialog should have it's resizability constrained or disabled. At the default size, part of the dialog controls are cut off, and you can resize the dialog down to just the title bar or to full screen, which is useless and unsightly for a dialog of this type.
      • Color Selection dialog should always default to the color being clicked on, rather than the seemingly random colors it currently does (usually green or grey).
      • When clicking the On/Off buttons above the color ranges, the range values change depending on how many buttons are On (0-50/50-100 for 2 buttons on, 0-33/33-67/67-100 for 3 buttons, etc.). If I have previously set values here and, while tweaking, turned them off, I lose them when I turn them back on again. Custom values should always be retained.
      • Make all of the HUD option dialogs (actually, *all* HM2 dialogs) modeless with regards to the HUD. When I was playing around with HUD settings during a game, I couldn't drag HUD panels around because I had a HUD settings dialog opened on another monitor -- I'd get the standard modal bell sound when clicking on a panel. This isn't logical, especially while making adjustments to your HUD, and I don't recall it being that way with HM1 although I've not gone back to confirm it yet.
    • General HUD:
      • Allow for scaling (or at least a choice of smaller icons) for the auto-rate and notes icons. They're far too big for my HUD panels using a 7pt font, so cause the panels to stretch vertically with a lot of extra whitespace inserted between rows 1 and 2.
      • What is the "tornado" HUD icon supposed to represent? I don't see it listed in the stock list of auto-rate icons, but it's shown for some players (including sometimes me, depending on my session stats). It seems to indicate a very aggro or LAGy style, perhaps a maniac, but not sure what the criteria are.
    • Importing HM1 HUDs:
      • Correctly convert those stats that have been slightly renamed, like "TrnyM" vs "Trny M" or "BigBlinds" vs "Big Blinds." These stats wouldn't show for me until I removed and re-added them because of the space character difference.
      • The site particulars for each HUD are also lost on import. I had to manually go through and assign the correct site, game type, seating, etc. for each of my HUDs.
      • The board/mucked cards and table stats positions are not imported, again requiring a lot of additional setup that shouldn't be necessary.
      • Basically, the HUD import should be seamless, such that I can import from HM1, startup a new table, and everything look exactly like it did in HM1. Currently there is little value in importing HUDs, since many stats are renamed, sites and positions aren't saved, etc. All the data is there in HM1, why is it not being used?
    • Noted in my last report, but bears repeating: Stop forcing the use of C: drive for storage of *anything* at all. It's fine to default to the standard C: folders, but allow the user to override during install or the initial setup wizard, like you do with the database parent folder. This would include C:\HMArchive and the User Profile folders (<User>\AppData\Roaming\...). Some of us are quite religious about where things are installed, and never install any apps or data to C: drive or where Windows thinks we should. And we griped loudly about it in HM1 -- please don't make the same usability mistakes with HM2!

A couple more:
    • My steal stat (Steal Att.total) doesn't show in my HUD or the popup. My other stats are showing okay. Villain steal stat shows up, but not mine. I've removed and re-added it just in case it was an artifact from importing my HM1 HUD. This is on Merge (Lock) DONs, which is about all I'm playing these days.
    • I have "Start Caddy Report on HUD Launch" checked, but it doesn't launch until I manually start it from the table settings on the HUD.

Will look into these more and discuss.

Wrote up the color picker re-sizing issue

Forwarded the request to have the color picker on the right color selected.

The on/off stats setting was looked at and is not feasible.

Opening HUD options locks out the HUD for stability reasons and there are multiple ways to access it.

Requested the scaling of the note/auto rate icons

Tornado icon represents aggro preflop - but in auto rate that shows the blue whale icon. I wrote this up.

Importing stats from 1.0 that have changed names should be fixed in the new build. Try it again.

The site/game/hud options have more flexibility than in 1.0.

Did a request to import more of the hud settings

Steal/agg stats are being worked on for the hero.

caddy report is as well.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    The on/off stats setting was looked at and is not feasible.
    Pity, as this is fairly annoying but I guess once you've got it set like you want it, you won't be fooling with it much.

Opening HUD options locks out the HUD for stability reasons and there are multiple ways to access it.
    This is a real pity, because it makes tweaking the HUD during a real game a PITA. If you're playing with fonts, font sizes, adding/removing stats, etc. -- basically anything that causes a HUD panel to resize itself -- it sometimes covers important parts of the table and needs to be repositioned immediately, and it would be nice not to lose your place in the settings dialog. Locking it out means a lot of closing & re-opening of HUD settings.

Also, another small aesthetic issue with importing HUDs. In trying to get my steal stat to work, as I said I removed and re-added it. When I did, it is positioned a pixel or two higher than the other stats (all imported) on the same line. I first wrote this off as an anomaly in the HUD settings preview, but it actually renders that way in the HUD panel as well. A minor nitpick to be sure, but it does make things look "off". You can also see here how the large note/auto-rate icons I mentioned really spread out the HUD panel vertically.

Can you upload that hud? It looks like your steal is added back at a different font size than your other stats, and that is why it is a little higher - it's like your BB and M stats compared to the Hands stat.

It's best not to adjust your hud while playing. Open up a 2nl table and make changes there - you really don't want to be focusing on the look of the hud while you're 12-tabling at your normal stakes. It takes away from being able to focus on the play.

Or better yet, in the replayer, that way you know you have hands on the people, can see how it looks. You can adjust it to the size of your table, and then have fewer adjustments to make on a regular table.
    Last edited by udbrky; 07-05-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Can you upload that hud? It looks like your steal is added back at a different font size than your other stats, and that is why it is a little higher - it's like your BB and M stats compared to the Hands stat.
    I was just coming back to post that it also happened with the BB and M stats, I just didn't notice before. Remember, I had to remove/re-add them also due to them being renamed in HM2. But you're right -- it was a font issue. When I re-added them, HM2 defaulted to Verdana instead of the Deju Vu Sans I was using. But in figuring this out and fixing the font, I also caught another font issue that I'm pretty sure I reported about HM1 way back.

With TrueType fonts, you can specify non-standard sizes (i.e. sizes that don't display in the font size control) by typing it in directly. My HUD uses a 7pt font, while the font size control only lists down to 8. When I edit my stat appearances, they show as size 8 even though they're size 7. HM should save the actual font size instead of defaulting to the minimum size shown in the control.

It's best not to adjust your hud while playing. Open up a 2nl table and make changes there - you really don't want to be focusing on the look of the hud while you're 12-tabling at your normal stakes. It takes away from being able to focus on the play.
    Of course I'd never do it 12 tabling, but I've often done it 4 tabling, and have been doing it since HM1 was released, and never had any HUD instability that I could trace back to it. Just my $0.02, but unless there was a more specific reason, I think players should have the option should they choose to, rather than having it policed for them.

I made VPIP 7 - which I had to type in, and PFR 8. There is a visible difference.

I made VPIP 7 - which I had to type in, and PFR 8. There is a visible difference.
    No, that's not what I meant. The HUD renders 7pt just fine. I meant when you're in the HUD Settings and click the Font button on a stat, you get the standard Win32 Font dialog showing font size as 8pt instead of 7pt. If you click Ok, you just changed it to 8pt.

The Win32 Font dialog is initialized with a CHOOSEFONT structure which itself contains a LOGFONT structure that is used to initialize the font dialog with the settings to display. I know other Windows apps will retain "custom" sizes that it doesn't show in the list of font sizes, so I'm assuming HM2 isn't initializing it correctly.

For an example of an app that handles this correctly, open up Windows Notepad. Change the font to 1 point smaller than the smallest size in the list (typically 8 for most TT fonts). So let's say you set it to Lucida Console 7pt. If you go back to the font settings, it still shows 8 as the smallest size in the list, but shows 7 in the actual size edit box above the list. Follow me?

Maybe a screenshot will help. Here is the font settings dialog after I clicked the Font button on Stat Appearance:

Note where I've circled the 8. This should be 7, because that's what I last set the font size to be. This dialog has changed it to 8. There is no requirement for the size edit box to contain a value included in or constrained by the pick list below it, as demonstrated by the Notepad example.
    Last edited by Veteran68; 07-06-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added screenshot

In Notepad, it just saved the 7 when that was the font size I had used.

I opened Notepad, changed the font to 7. Typed. Hit enter. Opened up the font, changed to 10, typed. It actually changed all my typed words to 10.

I opened MS Word, changed font to 7. Typed, hit enter. Changed the font to 10, typed, hit enter. I bring up the change font size, and it doesn't show me 7.

So I'm confused about what you're saying here, and what you're trying to get.

In the HUD options, it shows the font size of the current stat - by default, that is 8-point. If you change to 7, and then open stat appearance again, click on the hud stat that you changed to 7, then it shows 7 in the size box above the 8,9,10....

This is acting the same way it does for me in Word and Notepad.