Holdem Manager 2 BETA - Page 3
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfishboy View Post
    That's great news because I have an Android and don't intend to change it. I think Android market share is also expected to over take iphone soon.
    Not that matters, but that already happen a long time ago by a wide margin (worldwide).
    Last edited by Hilips; 07-05-2011 at 10:41 AM.

ahhhhhhhhhhh...........So we now see why HEM has stood still for so long. I'll be interested to see the cost for existing owners of HEM. I would hope moving forward HEM have learned to better manage their product and company perception. People will pay more for a well run product.

What if any level of support or future inprovements will there be for HEM if users ie customers decide to stay with HEM?
    Last edited by Biju; 07-05-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Flex View Post
    make a detailed positions on FullRing tables: utg1, utg2, utg3, mp1, mp2, mp3
    Yes this will be possible, in fact the database structure was redesigned specifically to be very flexible and allow us to basically create any stat you can think of, if we don't have it now then its easy for us to add it unlike HM1 where it was a difficult process.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Made View Post
    But haven't custom stats always been possible with HM, just not in the HUD? So wouldn't they still be possible now, but also available in the HUD?
    Yes and i can't really go into further details yet on features we haven't already announced but we realize this is an important feature and once we release more details we can talk more openly on our plans for a custom stat creator.

Quote Originally Posted by vyvojer View Post
    Does HM2 Beta support PLO?
    Yes, Like HM1 you will be able to see your Omaha and NL hands within the same application.

Quote Originally Posted by Galoper View Post
    It would be posible work with HM and HM on the same computer, using two diferents databases to check purposes?

Thanks,
    Can you elaborate, do you mean can HM run two instances on the 1 PC or do you mean can HM1 and HM2 run concurrently?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

It is possible to run HM1 and HM2 at the same time, but you need to start HM1 first.
    Open the holdemmanager.cfg file in the holdemmanager app data folder (use notepad).
    In the general section, add this line:

<Key Name="AllowHM2ToRunWhenHM1IsRunning" Value="True" />

Save.

And attention to 2 autoimports concurently - if one HM moves HHs to archive, second will not find them in room's HH folder.
    Last edited by udbrky; 07-18-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added a bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Hilips View Post
    Not that matters, but that already happen a long time ago by a wide margin (worldwide).
    I believe that is regarding last 6 and 12 month sales and from what ive read Iphone still have a much larger overall market share but yeah i think most companies are now realizing android have too big a market share now to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhh...........So we now see why HEM has stood still for so long. I'll be interested to see the cost for existing owners of HEM. I would hope moving forward HEM have learned to better manage their product and company perception.

What if any level of support or future inprovements will there be for HEM if users ie customers decide to stay with HEM?
    Hi, unfortunately things with Holdem Manager did inevitably slow down during the development of HM2 as we were trying to juggle development resources between both and we couldn't explain that at the time due to the competitive market we are in, we hope that moving forward you will appreciate the time and effort put into HM2, a lot of the requests and development we wanted to do with HM1 just wasn't possible or was at least very difficult with HM1 so we had to redesign from the bottom up.

I'm sure you'll be very impressed once you see it and now that the big push to get to beta is almost over our developers will have much more time to focus on continually improving it and addressing any concerns you have. I think with the new design we will be able to address a lot of the issues we had with HM1 and it will allow us to add new stats and features much more efficiently and do a lot more powerful things than we could with HM1.

Again were limited in what we can say regarding new features but were really excited to showcase all the new features and capabilities and we will be releasing more information in the coming days and weeks and look forward to your feedback.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Will HEM1 still be supported and updated as Poker sites make changes etc ie will it be kept running rather than upgraded with new features.
    Last edited by Biju; 07-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Hi, unfortunately things with Holdem Manager did inevitably slow down during the development of HM2 as we were trying to juggle development resources between both and we couldn't explain that at the time due to the competitive market we are in, we hope that moving forward you will appreciate the time and effort put into HM2, a lot of the requests and development we wanted to do with HM1 just wasn't possible or was at least very difficult with HM1 so we had to redesign from the bottom up.

Again were limited in what we can say regarding new features but were really excited to showcase all the new features and capabilities and we will be releasing more information in the coming days and weeks and look forward to your feedback.
    I can understand this but I think you could have said more without letting the cat out of the bag. I think you left too many people hanging for too long and in the end we started to think you don't care, so your image took a beating.

Exciting news. A lot of things will be done better the second time around.

I hope you are employing unit testing in HM2 extensively to prevent old stats from breaking whenever a new version is released. Although I'm sure if there is one thing you have learned from developing HM1 these years it is this one.

Also hopefully there will be db patches/scripts that update the database when new versions come out instead of torturing customers by having them keep reimporting the same hands.

And while we're at it, how about:
    • OR capability in the report filters, like "raise_turn OR raise_river"
    • some sort of "filter history", where the filters you create are added into a list and you could quickly select your recent filters from a combo box so you could for example compare results from 2 filters by going back and forth with them etc
    • show graphs from different filters at the same time at the same grid for even easier comparison

Why dont you make it pay per month and develop more over time? Would be better for your customers and you. We get development of the things we want faster and you can gain on improving your program all the time which makes us happy. Win win.

Will HEM1 still be supported and updated as Poker sites make changes etc ie will it be kept running rather than upgraded with new features.
    We will continue to support HM1 for an extended period of time. A firm date has not been determined at this time.

I can understand this but I think you could have said more without letting the cat out of the bag. I think you left too many people hanging for too long and in the end we started to think you don't care, so your image took a beating.
    Yeah i understand, you do have a point and it was a difficult situation, it was tough to bite our tongue but it was very difficult to say something like "we promise well have something really exciting coming" without people pushing us for more details, of course we couldnt give details because it all related to the new software.

To expand on the custom stats creator and the new stats. We have already expanded the amount of stats in HM2 and we have brought in a stats expert to check the integrity of the stats and also are working on a solid naming convention and a detailed stats explanation FAQ among other things which aim to make adding stats simple. Some of this is still work in progress but its going to be a huge improvement.

When we considered developing a stats creator we felt it wasnt going to be much of a improvement to create a stats creator that only people with some coding knowledge could use as that is what we had in HM1.

So we wanted a stats creator with a GUI which non techies or coders can also use. As anyone can appreciate this is extremely complex and a huge development project in itself, this is in the very early stage of development so as interim solution we will be very productive in adding new stats that people request as the new database structure allows us to quickly and easily add them. We have discussed this with the main developer that works with the stats and he has assured us he can dedicate some time every couple of weeks to add more stats that are requested.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Exciting news. A lot of things will be done better the second time around.

I hope you are employing unit testing in HM2 extensively to prevent old stats from breaking whenever a new version is released. Although I'm sure if there is one thing you have learned from developing HM1 these years it is this one.

Also hopefully there will be db patches/scripts that update the database when new versions come out instead of torturing customers by having them keep reimporting the same hands.

And while we're at it, how about:
    • OR capability in the report filters, like "raise_turn OR raise_river"
    • some sort of "filter history", where the filters you create are added into a list and you could quickly select your recent filters from a combo box so you could for example compare results from 2 filters by going back and forth with them etc
    • show graphs from different filters at the same time at the same grid for even easier comparison
    Yes, The HM2 database was designed with that in mind, not only should it ensure we shoudnt have to reimport hands when an update is done but because of the vast amount of information we store we should be able to make almost any stat imaginable.

Regarding OR filters, youll be really impressed with the new filters, we did consider adding OR filters but when we looked at in detail we couldnt find many useful filters we couldnt add with our new filters system that required OR. If you find a filter that we cant do then well add it but we felt adding and/or would over complicate it for a lot of users so instead we agreed that any filters not possible due to OR not being available would be added. Hope that addresses your concern. In your example we can add a turn or river, flop or turn etc options and this should solve the filter issue you have, in general its very few filters that require OR but we will address any you cant use.

Regarding the graphing issue can you give me an example of where this would be useful, i think i see where your going but an example should help clarify this