request for equity calculator
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default request for equity calculator

This would be a very huge asset to the program, and I doubt I'd be the only one who'd find it incredibly useful. We all use PokerStove, and if you're serious about poker, you use it a LOT. It's a drag to have to enter hole cards & board texture on every hand you want to get equity #'s for by going to a separate program. There should be a way to easily click (perhaps right click or something) on a hand and have all the numbers exported into some sort of basic calculator in HM2,

I believe you had a Hand Range tool w/ the first HEM that was an attempt at a calculator, but (no offense here) it was was a pretty flawed program, imo, and I didn't get the impression that many people used it.

Stove is obviously the most widely used and also the most basic of the calcs out there. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to make something a tad nicer, but most importantly that you could access while looking at a hand history, probably just from the replayer.

There are actually a few others I like better than Stove (see below). But honestly anything similar would be great.

PokerStove -- duh.
    Equilab -- probably my favorite, from PokerStrategy.com
    Equilator -- also from PokerStrategy.com though a bit more simple
    HoldemViewer -- formerly RangeStove. Decent little program
    Flopzilla -- from CardRunners. It's not exactly a calculator, but it's similar and a very useful kind of tool.

Well, you get the idea. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't fancy. Just as long as it's something we could get to from within individual hands in HM2 so we can crunch the EQ numbers easily. Please please consider this request! Thanks.
    Last edited by rowhousepd; 06-29-2011 at 05:31 AM.

noted

Home tab has a equity calculator. Not the best in the world, but there is one there.

Also, I constantly look at equity too. I use the instant HH viewer or load the hand in the replayer. Both spots show equity by street.

Hope this helps. We may expand on the equity widget in the Home tab at a later date.

There's a big difference bet the equity calc that you have to plug your hand into and one that automatically reads the hand you're reviewing in the replayer (or from a list or wherever) w/in the software. Hopefully there will be something like this in the future.

Banned

Odds Oracle from Propokertools would be nice.

Well we can't integrate a program without permission.

Just ask for permission. I'm sure the PokerStove developers will agree, it's a addition to them, and to U 2.

We do have the calculator in the home widgets and there are plans to add the range tool to replayer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1 equilab is the best. please add something like that to HM2

Any idea if this is an equity calculator from w/in the replayer is gonna happen? Still very much a +1 on this.