request for equity calculator - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unfortunately this has not gained any traction as it simply does not get asked about by other customers often. There are still <5 customer emails on this ticket so it isn't likely to be moved up the queue any time soon I am afraid.

Wow. I gotta say I'm really shocked that more people don't want an equity calc / range tool. Are you guys sure about this?!?

Any semi-serious poker player (which de facto means anyone who has already purchased HM2) uses 3rd party software like PokerStove when they do session reviews. I mean, Stove is a monolith of a program for poker players; it (or something similar like Flopzilla, Equilab, etc.) is absolutely essential and it's ubiquitous. When you do hand reviews, in order to do any kind of math on your hh's, you have to use another program to piece together your hand, card-by-card which is kind of laborious. And I have a feeling this is why you guys had a version this (albeit a flawed one) in HM1. And it's why PokerTracker has integrated a very simple but very useful equity calculator in their reviewer.

I'm sorry if I sounds a little overly enthusiastic, but from looking around on this forum (not just in this post) it seems like there is actually a LOT of support for a feature like this. From everything I know about how poker players think about their game, review hands, work on their leaks, etc., equity calcs & range tools are indispensable. I mean if you're exporting hands and posting them in a forum like 2+2, you're going to want to run the # on them. And seriously, fozzy1, udbrky, Patvs: you're telling me you guys don't all use software like this yourselves?

I hope you're not underestimating how useful this would be based on the number of subscribers on a specific ticket #. It seems like there might be a disconnect between how you may be tracking requests and the real interest in a feature like this. Thanks.

bump! and me to this ticket as well, i want to see equity calculator in hm

I added rowhousepd's comments to the ticket to try and see if we can get some sort of update on this from management.

Quote Originally Posted by mselvenis View Post
    bump! and me to this ticket as well, i want to see equity calculator in hm
    I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

I've recently upgraded to HEM2 and was looking for the hand range tool. A google search lead my way to this thread so:

+1 please implement a hand range tool!

unnecessary personal comment:
    I really don't get it how you guys produce a new version of a software and downgrade such important features like the hand range tool. Furthermore leave this ticket open for more than 2 years...
    Nevermind, because at least HEM2 performs a lot faster than HEM1... unfortunately NOT...
    Last edited by wallace09; 02-21-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Your email address was already added to feature request ticket HM-964.
    These tickets are not being addressed in chronological order (starting with the oldest request), but we look at the number of requests.

Unfortunately, very few users used the Hand Range tool in HM1 (or they use PokerStove instead) so as of now it will not be implemented any time soon.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

After 2 years of not playing poker and just coming back to it (and HM2) this week, I'm digging up some old request. This one was one of those I hoped would have been addressed. I'm guessing it's still not available. Any idea if it will ever happen?

Here's my old pitch about why it should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhousepd View Post
    Any semi-serious poker player (which de facto means anyone who has already purchased HM2) uses 3rd party software like PokerStove when they do session reviews. I mean, Stove is a monolith of a program for poker players; it (or something similar like Flopzilla, Equilab, etc.) is absolutely essential and it's ubiquitous. When you do hand reviews, in order to do any kind of math on your hh's, you have to use another program to piece together your hand, card-by-card which is kind of laborious. And I have a feeling this is why you guys had a version this (albeit a flawed one) in HM1. And it's why PokerTracker has integrated a very simple but very useful equity calculator in their reviewer.

I'm sorry if I sounds a little overly enthusiastic, but from looking around on this forum (not just in this post) it seems like there is actually a lot of support for a feature like this. From everything I know about how poker players think about their game, review hands, work on their leaks, etc., equity calcs & range tools are indispensable. I mean if you're exporting hands and posting them in a forum like 2+2, you're going to want to run the # on them. And seriously, fozzy1, udbrky, Patvs: you're telling me you guys don't all use software like this yourselves?

This is still an open ticket with no ETA.

Well I hope you will at least seriously consider putting it in HM3. I'm sure other would appreciate that too.

I made sure to let management know about that and some of the other things in the threads you bumped. I basically went thru our ticket system looking at all unresolved feature requests and made a list of them for the team in charge of HM3 so hopefully some of them will in fact make it into HM3.