Please help me ,did i lost my db???

Default Please help me ,did i lost my db???

Hi ,
    i used this link
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...e+or+Partition
    to move my db in another hard disk (another partition ,from D: to C: because D: was full.
    I have windows XP and I did the right step of the link and then delete folder "data" from D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 (after moved this folder to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 but now when i open holdem manager i can't log to my database. Next i try to move again folder "data" to the original folder D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 but it doesn't work more!!!!
    I have over 40 GByte of my DB and i don't wanna lost it.
    Can i solve this trouble?Ty 4 reply guys,i'm desperated
    Last edited by stackpointer; 06-24-2011 at 01:13 PM.

To "move" a database.
    Also reinstall PostgreSQL to the new location.
    You can download the 8.3.x installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database

The problem is, if there was a corruption in your 40 GB database to begin with.
    If there was a corruption you'll get an error during the installation process.. or the installation will finish but you're unable to connect to it.

When that happens, reinstall PostgreSQL. (try 8.4.8 or 9.0.4 to a different port)
    And reimport your original handhistories.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

i solved after 2 days of tilt but i think sw developer was under drugs when wrote that link.
    there are many files that have to stay in "data" folder even if u move this folder in another location.
    all *.conf files,postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts have to stay in "original" data folder .without this it can't work.
    that's all,bye