UB BBJ included as Rake?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default UB BBJ included as Rake?

Can someone, who knows for certain, tell me *categorically* if the Rake stat includes Bad Beat Jackpot money or not on UB.

I'm having issues with my rakeback provider, and need to be able to tell them with certainty if my stats are accurate. (BTW I know it is dealt rake not contributed like UB, but this month it's not even a ballpark figure).

Thanks

Im pretty sure its not but ill escalate to Roy just to confirm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thanks Morny.

I did do a search before posting but couldn't find a single definitive answer.

Overall rake will include any additional rake in the hand like with the jackpot. Then, total rake / total players dealt cards is calculated.

For some sites this calculation is not correct - instead they might use contributed rake. This will be fixed in an upcoming version

Roy

I hope this is fixed soon, because my stats are waaaaay off with my RB providor. I play mainly on AP, were the rake is contributed, and there is a BBJ rake.

I hope it's will be fix soon because I play mainly on UB and this problem with HEM exist since a long time... I love HEM but if I have no choice to choose PT3, I'll have no choice... I recommanded HEM to many players and I know that many of them have the same problem...

We will very appreciate if HEM can fix it because we nerver now if we receive the appropriate rackback for our provider.

Thank you very much,

I'm also trying to calculate BBJ rake on AP/UB and came up with the following. My understanding is that HEM does not take this rake into account and it can add literally 100's to the rake you pay each month. First note that 50 cents is taken for the BBJ off of each hand that is raked .25 or more.

So to find the BBJ rake paid I filtered the following at .25/50 NL:

1. More Filters;Other filters;Won hand=True
    2. Final Pot size in BB's is bigger than 10.

Then take the number of hands this results in * .50=BBJ rake.
    Reasoning: At 50nl the rake is .05 for each $1. So we need a $5 pot to trigger BBJ rake(a pot raked .25 or more). 10 big blinds is equal to $5.

Can anyone confirm if I did this correctly? If I didn't then on me.

If correct 92 hands out of the 3350 I've played so far this month have qualified for the BBJ rake. 92 * .50= $46. That's a nasty surprise! About 1/10 extra rake for just for 3 days of play. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by carr1 View Post
    I'm also trying to calculate BBJ rake on AP/UB and came up with the following. My understanding is that HEM does not take this rake into account and it can add literally 100's to the rake you pay each month. First note that 50 cents is taken for the BBJ off of each hand that is raked .25 or more.

So to find the BBJ rake paid I filtered the following at .25/50 NL:

1. More Filters;Other filters;Won hand=True
    2. Final Pot size in BB's is bigger than 10.

Then take the number of hands this results in * .50=BBJ rake.
    Reasoning: At 50nl the rake is .05 for each $1. So we need a $5 pot to trigger BBJ rake(a pot raked .25 or more). 10 big blinds is equal to $5.

Can anyone confirm if I did this correctly? If I didn't then on me.

If correct 92 hands out of the 3350 I've played so far this month have qualified for the BBJ rake. 92 * .50= $46. That's a nasty surprise! About 1/10 extra rake for just for 3 days of play. WOW.
    I want to say this is right, but I'm seeing something strange on mine. When I filter off my quick session this morning, I have 14 hands that meet the criteria, and it says my total rake is $1.42. That can't be right, since the minimal rake (including BBJ) would be $.75/hand. But then again, it's contributed rake, and I really don't know how that's calculated.

And FWIW, the BBJ rake is brutal...I think it easily adds 30% to the rake you pay. Good thing UP/AP are soooo soft.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSandwich View Post
    Can someone, who knows for certain, tell me *categorically* if the Rake stat includes Bad Beat Jackpot money or not on UB.

I'm having issues with my rakeback provider, and need to be able to tell them with certainty if my stats are accurate. (BTW I know it is dealt rake not contributed like UB, but this month it's not even a ballpark figure).

Thanks
    I'm beginning to think now that the HEM rake stat **does** include BBJ rake.

Do this test:
    1. Write down your AP/UB balance before your session.
    2. Afterwards check your $ earned and add this number to #1.
    3. Now check your bal.

I only tried this once but found that the AP balance matched exactly. If HEM didn't account for this rake then the AP balance should have been lower.

Can anyone else confirm this?

btw I think an additional 30% rake from the BBJ seems steep but your probably right. If that's the case I better be receiving a piece of that BBJ now and then.

EDIT: Wait a second. If HEMs rake numbers are dealt and AP is contributed then how in the world did this match up? I need to test this some more.
    Last edited by carr1; 06-08-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kb coolman View Post
    I hope this is fixed soon, because my stats are waaaaay off with my RB providor. I play mainly on AP, were the rake is contributed, and there is a BBJ rake.
    My stats are way off too. But in general I find if I take 20% of HEMs rake number I get a pretty close figure. Of course now that AP/UB deduct 50% for bonus this number will be lower.