Creating a new Database?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Creating a new Database?

What does this mean?; "New Report Stats are now HUD stats. (Creating a new Database is required to use the new HUD stats)"

If i create a new database will i then lose older player stats?

Do i have to create a new database to use the newest build?

you need to reimport all hands to have new stats in HUD.

So I should export the hands from my current database and import them into a new one I will create?

Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

Then reimport the original handhistories from your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

Then reimport the original handhistories from your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive
    You say in another thread not to export hands and reimport them. Is there any major reason for this? I am using a shared database over the network so have two archive folders. It would be easier to just export then reimprt if I could. Thanks.

The ideal method is importing the original handhistories.

When you export hands, some things can go wrong: most notably the RUSH characteristics of a RUSH hand will get lost. And if you were to reimport the "exported RUSH hands" they would import as regular cashgame hands.

But if you don't have any of the original handhistories.
    Often the case, if you purchase a lot of handhistories or have a subscription to receive 50k handhistories a day by email..., and you don't save all those files in your archive folder, just export all your hands, and reimport those.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

When you export hands, some things can go wrong: most notably the RUSH characteristics of a RUSH hand will get lost. And if you were to reimport the "exported RUSH hands" they would import as regular cashgame hands.

Often the case, if you purchase a lot of handhistories or have a subscription to receive 50k handhistories a day by email..., and you don't save all those files in your archive folder, just export all your hands, and reimport those.
    Thanks for your help.

If certain hands were purged... do those stats that remain still get "exported" when you export or am I stuck with losing those stats forever since I purged the original HHs..

If you purged hands:

and you BACKUP the entire database (and backup restore it in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...estoreDatabase you'll keep the stats)

If you "export" handhistories, it shouldn't export anything (only non-purged hands), so you'll lose both the stats... and the handhistories of those purged hands.

(just import the original handhistories from your archive folder?)

If you played most hands on Full Tilt, PokerStars, or PartyPoker, email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.

Default Import Hands

Hello,
    I've created the new database and import hands from HMARCHIVE. The problem is that I've lost all the datas entered manually - for example on Winamax, I'm use to enter winnings manually because of the fact that HM can't do it !!!! No trace in my pc of the original hands archive (deleted by HMI think after treatment). I cannot ask to Winamax to send the 300 000 hands I've played !
    Is there any way to convert the old DB to the new format and save datas.. like winnings, bonuses ... and so on !!!
    Best regards