More Opportunities than Hands?

Default More Opportunities than Hands?

What does it mean when i have more opportunities in VPIP 23% (56)
    and i have only 34 Hands for the player in hud?
    Is this a bug or only missunderstanding or has it to do with tourneyfilters?

Your opponent stats show VPIP 23% (56) (you can see this '56' in the specified popup).... but your HUD shows the TOTAL number of hands on this opponent is only 34?

Playing what type of game?
    Are you using any type of filter:
    #players filter (hud options--> additional HUD filters) or
    Big Blinds remaining filter (hud options--> tourney HUD filters)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

180s tourney
    filters see below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

in this example the hud shows 47.
    do you think the filtering makes sense and how would you do it for this kind of tourneys?
    Last edited by icon; 06-11-2011 at 07:21 AM.

All those filtering settings are causing your difference in opportunities in VPIP vs number of Hands.

Instead of using a Big Blind remaining filter that looks like:

Create something that looks more like:

Similarly a #players filter like:

2:2-2
    3:3-6
    4:3-6
    5:3-6
    6:3-6

7:7-10
    8:7-10
    9:7-10
    10:7-10

I think your creative filters, with lots of overlapping areas. (for both the #players... and Big Blinds remaining filters) can cause these issues.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thank you for your answer and this filter examples. Do you think my numbers`(exept hands) are correct - vpip - when i use my filtersettings with overlap? I mean only BB Tourneyfilter. I changed player filter like your example.
    Last edited by icon; 06-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.

With too many (overlapping) filters the problem will be:
    -you're creating sample sizes that are too small on some of the non-regulars on which you don't have any hands.
    -HoldemManager doesn't update the stats, until after a hand has been imported. So if the blind levels go up in the middle of a hand, the stats won't reflect that new blind level till after the next hand.

If you rely too much on dozens of "Big Blinds remaining" levels, the stat will not be accurate at all, for these hands.

Since players also change their style based on early phase, rebuy/post-rebuy period, bubble, final table etc. try to simplify the other filters.