Timeout issues with license server

Default Timeout issues with license server

Hi,

I'm experiencing a lot of timeout errors with the license server. for the last 4 days i haven't been able to re-activate my license on this computer:

On top of that - and likely related? - I have had to re-enter my serial quite often in the past, even though I haven't upgraded sind 1.07.01 came out.

FYI I have followed all advice in the faq. The licensing process opens up a lot of different connections to subdomiains of secureserver.net, all of which are reachable.

setup: win XP in virtualbox NAT'ed inside debian/testing. no firewall on box.

Any ideas?

=====
    License Failure Details
    --------------------------------------------------
    3/22/2009 9:33:48 AM
    HoldemManager.ӡ
    --------------------------------------------------

Errors connecting to the server.

DETAILS

Could not activate license at server.
    The operation has timed out

Default nevermidnd

even though i pay about 50 euros per month for my internet connection, apparently just getting my request routed to the license server is too much to ask for.

I have now re-routed all the traffic through squid on a different box i own, and the whole activation took about 10 seconds to go through...

Default Same problem

I was gonna buy this software, but i decided to try the free first, and i get "Connection establishment timeout" everytime. I have reinstalled everything several times.
    Please fix this so i can buy the Software

This is almost always a problem with your antivirus/firewall, completely uninstall them and test for a while, also make sure you have the newest version of PostgreSQL (8.2 at the very least) and have the newest version of HM http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default Had this same issue

I had HM working fine, but updated VirtualBox to 2.2 and I needed to activate it again. Registration takes anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute, but activation usually times out. After about 20 or so tries it finally worked. No idea what why it finally worked or why it wasn't working in the first place. I tried it probably a dozen times on 1.0.7.1, the version I was using first of all. Then I upgraded to 1.08 Beta and tried another dozen times. I remember the first time I tried activating it took a number of tries, which is probably why I was so persistent this time around with the retry button. It eventually worked though.