interpreting the HUD correctly using bayesian

Default interpreting the HUD correctly using bayesian

wrong thread my fault im new. haha poor excuse
    Last edited by slowyaroll; 03-18-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Your wrong with a lot of things here.

Raise first is when it's folded to you and you raise, thus your hand range is currently 100% of your hands, thus if R1st is 20%, you are raising your top 20%.

Cold Call is when you call a raise preflop when you have not put money currently, thus your hand range is also 100% before you cold call.

If somebody is raising 1st with 13% and limping with 13% from a position, he is generally playing the top 26% and raising with the strong half.

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post

Raise first is when it's folded to you and you raise, thus your hand range is currently 100% of your hands, thus if R1st is 20%, you are raising your top 20%.

Cold Call is when you call a raise preflop when you have not put money currently, thus your hand range is also 100% before you cold call.

If somebody is raising 1st with 13% and limping with 13% from a position, he is generally playing the top 26% and raising with the strong half.
    If Cold Call is only when you haven't put money in then if someone raises from EP and i just call the raise from the small blind this would not count as a cold call?

Sorry, voluntary put money. Calling a raise from the blinds is a cold call too.

OK. Thanks.

thanks. Yeah i raise first is when itos folded to you and you raise. I am familiar with that. Im talking about VPIP, PFR, 3 betting. If someone is vpip 50% of hands from the button but only pfr 25% than he is raising with the top 12.5% of his range am i correct? because the top 1/4 of 50% is 12.5%. Or is he just raising with the top 25% of his range of the total vpip 50% range from the button?

If he 3bets with 11% of his hands from button that is the top 11% of hands? or the top 11% of the 50% vpip he plays from that spot? Thats where im confused and updating. Multiple people have told me different things.Same if someone 4 bets with 5% of hands. Is it 5% of his 4 betting range? or the top 5% of hands he vpip with int hat spot period?

This is all relevant to stats such as donk betting %, ebet%,pfr%,cold call%, open raise %,limp %, etc etc. Its confusing as to how to constantly update the information based on how the opponent acts or responds to a certain action

When someone 3bets, his range is currently 100%, thus if he's 3betting 5%, that's the top 5% of all hands.
    For raise 1st too.
    HM only considere a 4bet when the 1st raiser raise the 3bettor. Thus in this case, if you have a 10% 4bet%, that's 10% of his 1st raise range, this is why HM has created a 4bet range, which multiply 4bet% * PFR and the 4bet range gives you the % from his total range.

When someone 3bets, his range is currently 100%, thus if he's 3betting 5%, that's the top 5% of all hands.
    For raise 1st too.
    HM only considere a 4bet when the 1st raiser raise the 3bettor. Thus in this case, if you have a 10% 4bet%, that's 10% of his 1st raise range, this is why HM has created a 4bet range, which multiply 4bet% * PFR and the 4bet range gives you the % from his total range.
    HM does not consider a limp/raise to be a 3bet?

For raise 1st too.
    sorry for the misunderstanding but this doesnt make sense to me or helpes clarify.

If someone has a range of a 100% and 3bets 5% thats 5% f hands? huh?

what is the range of a 100%? was it vpip?

Basically what I am asking to make it simple is updating the ranges based on actions. If someone has a vpip of 50% of hands and pfr with 10% of hands are they PFR with the top 5% of hands?(i got this by .50*.10) or are they pfr with the top 10% of hands period out of those possible 100% range?(which would be aa-77,a9s+,ajo+,kts+,qts+,Jts+,KQO

Same for open call. If someone has a vpip with top 50% of hands and open calls with 10% of hands, what part of that range are they cold calling with?

If i know opponent sees the flop with 20% of hands and cbets with 30% of the time is he cbetting with the top 6% of hands??(.20*.30)

basically do you multiply the new action sequency byt he vpip to ge tthe updated range?

I understand everythign else on the hUD but this part which is updating the rnges based on actions.

Sorry fi i seem like a pest