Program Won't Run
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Program Won't Run

Hi,

When I open the holdemmanger.exe file the opening screen appears, however once I click "try" I get a window telling me poker sites were found on my computer for autoimport etc...I click OK on this window and I then get the following error message and the program shuts down:

"DBControlPanel has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Can anybody help me with this?

Make sure that both holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and DBcontrolpanel.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator if your using VISTA. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

Otherwise see here for instructions for uninstall and reinstalling the microsoft .net Framework and see if that sorts the problem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Not using Vista, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling microsoft.net program and this did not fix the problem, other ideas?

Have you tried re-installing Holdem Manager, back up the contents of your CONFIG folder in the holdem manager directory first so your Hud settings are kept.

When did this happen, is it the 1st time youve installed it, have you upgraded recently?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

this happend the first time I installed the program, which was last night

I have tried reinstalling, same thing happens

Is PostgreSQL installed? If you go to the control Panel and Add Remove Program does PostgreSQL show up in here.

Is this the version of HM your downloading first http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip and then upgrading to one of the patches http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01p.exe, mayeb youve installed the patch before the main version?

yes, PostgreSQL 8.3 is installed on my computer.

Downloaded program from your link , reinstalled and same thing happens

I Downloaded teamviewer and had Fabio look at the problem, that was five days ago and thus far he has not been able to provide me with a solution.

Is there anything else I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog55 View Post
    I Downloaded teamviewer and had Fabio look at the problem, that was five days ago and thus far he has not been able to provide me with a solution.

Is there anything else I can try?
    You happen to be running Window XP 64Bit? If so (or even if not) try running dbcontrolpanel.exe manually from the folder.

Roy