Reports picking up double the number of hands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reports picking up double the number of hands

When I click into 'Reports' from the Tourney tab the display is showing exactly double the number of hands I know I've played (should be around 48,500 in total but picking up 97,000). The results tab is correct and showing the correct number of tourneys.

On logging into HEM today it came up with a message about updating some thing on reports - I just clicked OK and didn't think anything of it (maybe dumb...)

Please update HM to the latest version 1.11.06e-1

OK I did that and now I can't open HEM at all.

I get the message "The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Any update to my query here? At present I am completely unable to access HEM as a result of doing this update!

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

Once you're back INTO the program, if you still have the "double hands" issue, create a NEW empty database and reimport your archive folder, C:/HMArchive.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Did that but still not working.

Please can you supply detailed instructions on how to uninstall and install postgres.

If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
    1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
    2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
    3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
    4) UAC = OFF
    5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
    6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
    7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB
    8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
    9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
    10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
    Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
    net user postgres /delete
    exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
    11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

Sorry but a lot of what you have written is beyond my comprehension. I have no idea what a secondary logon service is, nor UAC, for example.

Sorry but I'm not that IT literate so I really need a dumbed down version.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Make sure UAC is disabled
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...AC+%28Vista%29
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...28Windows+7%29

Sarek

I appreciate the responses but you're still missing my point. When you say to reinstall postgres I don't know what to do and I can't follow it from your previous mail. I'm not IT literate and I really need a dumbed down version showing step by step what to do.

Do I need to uninstall the current version? Where do I find postgres to install it again? My Windows version is XP and not 7 as in your first instructions so I don't know if that makes any difference. Also when all this happens will I still be able t see my current data?