Install problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Install problems

I cant install HM on my new comp, attached a photo of the message.

It worked now when I removed the anti virus program. Which anti virus program do you recommend to not get in trouble with HM?

Got a new problem when I tried to import my db, it only stopped directly after it imported one file out of 2000 and now it stops immidietly. My main harddisc is only 10mb left but I think it should have the output folder set to another hardisc with 200gb. How can I solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    It worked now when I removed the anti virus program. Which anti virus program do you recommend to not get in trouble with HM?

Got a new problem when I tried to import my db, it only stopped directly after it imported one file out of 2000 and now it stops immidietly. My main harddisc is only 10mb left but I think it should have the output folder set to another hardisc with 200gb. How can I solve this?
    AVG is a free anti virus that seems to work with Holdem Manager better.

If you are trying to import many hands break them up into smaller bunches of files.

Ok, it is AVG I have used and it did not work for me. That advice is not helping me I tried import a single file earlier and it did not work either.

You have 10 MB free space on your C:\harddisk?
    I think thats the main problem, not the virus scanner.

I tried to download hm with avg free it didnt work. I uninstalled avg and the download was succesful. So probably avg was no good.

I cleared some space so I had 150mb and tried to import, could not import a single file. will hm take more space on C when you set the export folder to another hardrive?

The Avg Free Anti Virus program works well with windows firewall and HM but their AVG Free Internet Security bundle (that includes a firewall) does not work well with HM.

You are going to need to clear more free space before you can export, even if choosing another destination. HM has to create some temp files that will require much more than 150mb space.

First you should move all your original hand history archives off the full hard drive. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...Import+Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Then you will need to delete other files/programs from your C ddrive to free up more space. I use a program called windirstat.info to help find big folders and files that I can delete.

Uninstall any unnecessary programs from the windows control panel and empty your recycle bin.

I have now installed HM completely on G: instead. Can this work? I tried to do a backup from my original comp and then make a restore on the new one but it just freezed completely, any ideas why`?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I have now installed HM completely on G: instead. Can this work? I tried to do a backup from my original comp and then make a restore on the new one but it just freezed completely, any ideas why`?
    Reinstalling Holdem Manager to a different drive will not help. The PostgreSQL database is what takes up the most space.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    4) reboot.
    5) Install PostgreSQL 8.4.8 from this link - Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB

Now you will be given an option to install PostgreSQL to a different location, and you can even install the \data folder for the database in a separate location.

I done that, installed postgres on G but can still not install HM. Get the postgreserror.jpg error when I tried to unistall. The other picture is when I try to install HM. I tried to be patient with this but now I am starting to get really angry. I hope you have a clear answear that cannot go wrong next time otherwise I would like som Teamviewer help because these problems is costing me too much money.