windows n00b tries to move postgresql files, disaster ensues

Default windows n00b tries to move postgresql files, disaster ensues

I run HEM on a parallels virtual hard drive on my mac, and I ran out of space. I created another virtual drive and attempted to copy all my key files onto it. Everything worked fine until I tried to move the postgresql files, and then deleted some of them off of the original hard drive. Errors ensued. Then I decided to copy the files back again from the new drive to the old drive. However, it still doesn't work. Postgresql won't start up. When I try to start holdem manager, it gives me an error message that it can't connect to postgre, then it offers to start up postgre, which I accept, and then I get a windows message saying postgre crashed.

I suspect I need to somehow deinstall and reinstall postgresql, but I obviously don't want to lose my databases if that's at all possible.

Suggestions?

Well, I actually got postgresql working again by copying the old files back to the old drive. However, this is at best a temporary solution, since I'm rapidly running out of space on the old drive. Is there a way to install/move postgresql to the new drive and transfer the old databases over, or do I have to do something like export all my hands, uninstall and reinstall postgres, and re-import them?

Do you still have access to the old database. If so you need to export the HH http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173 or else backup the database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=12 and then reinstall postgreSQL on the new drive and create a new database and then import the HH or restore the database
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Working now, thanks!