setup HEM on PC with multiple hard drives for best performance?

Default setup HEM on PC with multiple hard drives for best performance?

hello,

i recently retooled/reformatted my computer so i downloaded HEM the other night to try it out for a couple weeks.

i just followed the directions online and got both postgreSQL and HEM up and running, but unfortunately my system's performance has suffered.

i think this has to do with everything (postgreSQL, HEM, XP, stars, etc.) running off of my C drive.

i do have 3 hard drives. how (i.e. on what drives) should i reinstall postgreSQL and HEM to maximize my system's performance?

Is your drive fairly full as in 80%+ or are the over hard drives more powerful?

If there all the same type of hard drives then it shouldnt make a difference moving them, however if your current hard drive is smaller than the others you might want to move it to one of the others

To do this export your hands histories http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173 and uninstall PostgreSQL via control panel, then reinstall postgreSQL on one of the other drives http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=176

If you explain what you mean by slow performance and tell me your system specs i might be able to help further. Is the slowness a constant thing, is it only while HM is running and does it stop when you close HM, or is it just when playing tables?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.