refund please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refund please

Default refund please

i am having way too many problems with my hold em manager and would like to return it for a refund. first of all, it took me a whole day to even install, now that i have it installed it doesn't even work properly. i cannot change the preferences that i initially set. when i play heads up, i occasionally get my stats in the top left hand corner instead of my opponents. i wanted to get use to what each number meant so i checked show abrev. and nothing comes up. not to mention when i was multitabling yesterday, the software just shut off and a window box came up saying, sorry there was a problem with HM, it needs to be shut off. ive had so many problems that i get so frustrated that i find myself not even using the software when i am playing. i cant afford the software being the reason for me going on tilt while playing. also, ive only had it for a week, and the reason i bought it in the first place was because the trial version wasn't working. so i figured that if i bought the real version it would install properly. i found out the hard way it wasn't the trial version. so is there anyway i can have the subscription terminated and we can just part ways? i am not trying to give this software a bad review, since the reason i got it was bc a lot of my friends said it was great, but it may just not be for me. i am dissatisfied with the product and would like a refund. thank you.

Hi,

Perhaps, can you explain in more details what were the issues with HM and the support can helps you.

You can try to uninstall everything:

1) PostgreSQL from the control panel, then reboot your computer and delete manually the postgresql folder in Program Files.

2) .net framework from the control panel, delete every .net and reboot your computer. After that, reinstall .net framework 2.0 or 3.5 from here www.microsoft.com

3) Uninstall/Reinstall HM:

1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder
    3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
    4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
    6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...demmanager.zip
    7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
    8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
    9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
    12) Test if it works
    Last edited by Al1; 02-16-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhsiang1 View Post
    i am having way too many problems with my hold em manager and would like to return it for a refund. first of all, it took me a whole day to even install, now that i have it installed it doesn't even work properly. i cannot change the preferences that i initially set. when i play heads up, i occasionally get my stats in the top left hand corner instead of my opponents. i wanted to get use to what each number meant so i checked show abrev. and nothing comes up. not to mention when i was multitabling yesterday, the software just shut off and a window box came up saying, sorry there was a problem with HM, it needs to be shut off. ive had so many problems that i get so frustrated that i find myself not even using the software when i am playing. i cant afford the software being the reason for me going on tilt while playing. also, ive only had it for a week, and the reason i bought it in the first place was because the trial version wasn't working. so i figured that if i bought the real version it would install properly. i found out the hard way it wasn't the trial version. so is there anyway i can have the subscription terminated and we can just part ways? i am not trying to give this software a bad review, since the reason i got it was bc a lot of my friends said it was great, but it may just not be for me. i am dissatisfied with the product and would like a refund. thank you.
    Well, that post and the fact that Holdem Manager free trial does not work has saved me some cash.

Appreciate there is some problem with Holdem Manager and Vista, but it would have been nice to have got Holdem Manager...

Quote Originally Posted by saxby View Post
    Well, that post and the fact that Holdem Manager free trial does not work has saved me some cash.

Appreciate there is some problem with Holdem Manager and Vista, but it would have been nice to have got Holdem Manager...
    HEM is a complex software because poker is a complex problem to solve.

1) You need to install HEM following the installation instructions by the letter.

2) You should take time to review the FAQ section. The whole FAQ section not just 1 section.

If you can not figure out how to install HEM properly then poker might not be for you because guess what Poker is a much harder problem to solve than HEM installation.

And YES, HEM works just fine with VISTA if you follow the instructions correctly.

i will try to uninstall and reinstall HM again tonight, (mind you ive already done this many times as it took me forever to even get HM to work the first time, if u check my initial posts). but i still do not like the software to begin with and would much rather just have the refund since i've made up my mind that i would rather play without this tool. so if you need me to give you my registration code so u can cancel the subscription i will, obv in a PM to an administrator. i've already spent about a day trying to get this software to work, and its just too frustrating and i would like to just get a refund to be honest. thank you for listing instructions on how to fix it but like i said, i'd rather just get a refund. thanks.

Ok if youd like a refund youll need to contact Roy support@holdemmanager.net however unless there is a fault with the product in most cases you cant just get a refund, either myself or Al or Fabio are available for teamviewer sessions and we can verify if there is a fault that cannot be fixed or we will fix it for you

morny@holdemmanager.net
    fabio@holdemmanager.net
    or PM Al1 from this thread

I wont be around this evening but ill be around most of tommorrow if youd like to arrange a session, if you want it sooner try one of the other support members. Alot of the time teamviewer sessions arent neccessary as the solutions are in the FAQ so if your happy that youve tried all that then email us and well arrange one, it allows us to access your PC to see the problems and fix it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

ok i sent roy an email explaining the problems and that a refund would just make everyone's life easier. thanks.

hi again, i emailed roy but have not received a response yet? maybe he's out of town? maybe i emailed the wrong address? support@holdemmanager.net right? anyways, heres the email just in case he comes across these boards and the email address isn't correct.

Hello, this message is for Roy. I was told to contact you if i wanted a
    refund for the hold em manager software. If you look back at my posts, I
    had trouble getting the software to install properly, it actually took me
    a day to finally get it working. I wanted to try the trial version but
    that did not work, and if it had worked, I would have seen that this
    software is not for me and not bought the full version in the first place.
    I figured the trial version just had some bugs in it so i purchased the
    full version. Since its only been a week since i purchased the software,
    you can see that my problems are genuine and I feel that I should be able
    to refund it since it has been so frustrating for me to use in the first
    place. There are too many things that have gone wrong and I would just
    like to get a refund and be done with it. I haven't even used this tool
    since the first few days because I've run into so many problems, that I
    cannot afford the tool that is suppose to be helping me play poker,
    actually be the factor that is putting me on tilt. For example, when i
    play Heads up sngs, it will alternate from game to game whether it is my
    stats or my opponents stats, and never just both of our stats next to our
    names. when i checked the abbreviate what the numbers meant, it never
    changes. I cannot change my preferences from when i set them originally.
    I tried to multitable a few days ago and the HUD just shut down on me and
    gave me a window saying HEM needed to be shut down due to error. Its just
    become such a big hassle that i don't even use it anymore. so like i
    stated before, the trial version never worked, otherwise i wouldn't have
    to bother you with this email. its only been a week and as you can tell
    from my posts on the forum, ive had a lot of problems with this software.
    my friend who recommended it to me loves it, but i just feel that it may
    not be for me. i appreciate your understanding and apologize for wasting
    time and effort. what do we do now in terms of canceling the
    subscription? should i give you my registration code so it can be
    terminated? Thanks.

Jason Hsiang

Escalated to Roy, hell respond here asap
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi, HEM has no issues on Vista and I'm sure we could get you up and running with a team viewer session but I understand you are not interested in this so we're processing the refund for you as you requested.

Roy