quickest way to create a new DB for HM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default quickest way to create a new DB for HM

i think i murdered my DB with a vacuum / analyze (by cancelling it midway... not clever i know)... anyways no biggie, but if i start HM now it freezes when it tries to connect to the DB, how can i create a new one without getting to the database management option?

You can go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager then open the Database Control Panel exe file and from there you can create a new database from there without using the old database
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

great thx!

eh just realized a minor problem, i havent backed up my notes in 2009, what are my chances at getting to those if i cant even connect to the DB right now? how could i go about that?

The notes are stored within that database on postgreSQL so youll need access to the database im afraid which looks very unlikley given your problem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

any ways of repairing a corrupted dbases? i see options for reindexing it in pgadmin III, but i dont want to try anything without a clue of what im doing...

Im far from an expert in PostgreSQL and it may be possible if you want to try and visit the PostgreSQL forums they may be able to help but from my understanding of what Roy has said there isnt much you can do unless its just the indexes that are damaged and in that case you usually get a message saying:

The following error occured: ERROR XX002: Index "playerhandscashnmisc_idx1" is not a Btree

Your not even able to load it and since interrupting database processes by closing in the middle of a procedure is one of the main causes of corrupting a database then it dosent look good.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    The notes are stored within that database on postgreSQL so youll need access to the database im afraid which looks very unlikley given your problem
    So what is the best way to back up our notes. I backup my confg file whenever I make a hud change are the notes also in that file or should I use the export notes tab then just move that folder to my backup folder?

Yeah export the notes Hud Options > Notes > Export Notes and keep them in a backup folder

Thumbs up

Ok thanks.