installing postgresql problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default installing postgresql problem

i have downloaded the demo version and plan on buying the full version very shortly i have a mac and am running parallels and can't figure out how to install postgresql when ever i try to install it, it always says " User 'postgres' could not be created: The User Account already exists" can anyone help me figure out how to get this to work... thanks in advance

Please change the username to holdemmanager instead of postgreSQL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

should i change the account name? account domain in service configuration or the superuser name in intialize database cluster

the account name from postgres
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

i get the same message

i still can't figure this out can anyone help?

Uninstall PostgreSQL, the delete the PostgreSQL folder in C:\Program Files (thats assuming you dont have a previous database otherwise youll need to backup your database first) then follow these instructions to install PostgreSQL

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=176

I presume your getting that message that you see in the FAQ at step 7 and as per the FAQ just try a different username like holdemmanager and if that dosent work try something else

If the error appears at a diiferent stage than step 7 then post a screenshot of it

its not step 7 its after it starts going through the actual installation process and how do i post an image would do so if i knew how?

See here how to post a screenshot http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php...threadID=71060