stuck on initializing after reinstal postgres

Default stuck on initializing after reinstal postgres

HEM has been working fine for me until today when I got the cant connect to 127.001 error. I am using XP.
    I followed the instructions in the FAQ and under the admin services when I tried starting it would start and stop.

As per the FAQ I unistalled postgresql and reinstalled it....I followed the intructions so I wouldnt lose my current database. Now when I try to run HEM Im stuck on the initializing database splash screen (its been hours and my database is only about 350 000 hands)

I tried stopping it through task manager but and tried running it again, but it still seems stuck
    any advice ?....(I would love to keep my hands already in HEM as well as my notes)

I should mention that I had to change the username to postgresuser, but HEM tried to start it with postgres, and when I changed it through hem I would get an error message so I changed it in pgadmin to postgresuser

Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14

If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL aswell http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=177

Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
    3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
    4) Reboot your computer
    5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...demmanager.zip
    7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...te1.08beta.exe
    8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
    9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the "holdemmanager.config" file which can be found in the backed up config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    10) Test if it works again for a while
    11) Close HM and Delete all the contents of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder then copy all the contents from your backed up config file from step 1 into this location
    12) Test if it works again
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

the second link for the beta gives a 404 link.

I did everything else and it is working and my hud configuration is still there, but all my previous hands are gone and my notes.

I guess in the future is there a way to back this up so I dont lose my entire database. (well my hands mostly)

Did you reinstall PostgreSQL properly? This is where you database is stored. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL and tell me the name of any folders in there?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Lightbulb an another solution

Well...I have the same problem with the HM not finding the postgres ( cannot locate 127.0.0.1 etc)

for now I have Windows ultimate 7 x64 ... but a first glance it is similar to Windows Vista x64 (from the viewpoint of programs)...and I have postgres 8.4 that doesn`t appear to have any difference from 8.3 (at least for this problem)

the odd thing is that a new user account with name Postgres and my password appears in the Windows Log Screen... (cannot see this account in Control Panel...and this way I can`t remove this uselles account) Minor Problem (anyone have an idea?)

well...I try all the things that I see here in the FAQs and posts...none of then works for me...

In my case the service cannot get started...by any way (PGAdmin, HM, or Services (Control Panel > System and Security > Adminstrative Tools > Services )

There I see that "PostgresSQL Server 8.4" , have a field named "Log On As" .\postgres (in my thoughts this service will only start in that other user account) but when I change this field to Local Service (right click in "PostgresSQL Server 8.4", Properties, go to the tab Log On and choose Local System account ) , suddenly the service started and my problem was solved... 2 days of my grind was lost but its ok! Hope another one have a better luck! (moderators...include this at FAQs)

by the way I have my Windows Firewall and Windows Defender disabled, and my Anti Virus uninstalled, and my HOSTS file edited like said in the forums... but I guess I just needed that step above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post

the odd thing is that a new user account with name Postgres and my password appears in the Windows Log Screen... (cannot see this account in Control Panel...and this way I can`t remove this uselles account) Minor Problem (anyone have an idea?)

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...en-in-windows/