Holdem Manager Installation Nightmare
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Holdem Manager Installation Nightmare

I have been trying for 4 days with 7 hours of time, including 2 hours of paid local IT support, trying to get Holdem Manager to work with postgreSQL. This effort was on two different computers, desktop and laptop.

I have been into the FAQ section, reading the forums, etc. All this to no avail.

I have sent an email to suppot at HoldemManager and received a response. I did the steps in that email, but this also did not work. This email included a link to a non-existent 8.2 version of postgreSQL. I have during this time installed the HoldemManager, the Combo version and 3 different versions of postgreSQL. I probably have removed and reinstalled with different combinations at least 10 times.

I sent followup emails to HoldemManager support yesterday and sales but have received no response.

This is all extremely frustrating and a huge loss of my time, plus becoming quite expensive getting paid IT help to install software I have paid for.

I am posting this on other poker related forums in the hope that someone else has suggestions on how to solve this.

Stop paying your IT guy.
    We can help you install it via teamviewer for free.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

SQL 8.2 will always run. You can download it here: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Default tech support

thanks for your reply, but since your response i've made three attempts to contact you without success - two by skypes and once by instant messenger. unfortunately, i have no idea when to try and contact you by skypes as you suggested. if you could include some times that are good to contact you that would be helpful.

saint john

You have Pats skype account?

If not please send him a PM

he helped me today, thank you.

patrick,

my hand replayer won't open at all since you helped me install hm. i read the fix directions, but my computer skills are such that i'm worried i won't get it correctly. i'm going to contact you again via skypes for your assistance, please.

saint john

Pat is travelling to China at the moment. So his online time might be limited.

This are our general replayer hints:
    * The replayer is not working with the Comodo firewall. You need to uninstall it.
    If thats not the reason please try the following:.
    1. close HM
    2. create a backup copy of the file config\holdemmanager.config
    3. open the original file in a texteditor like notepad
    4. delete the 2 lines with the following settings:
    setting name="ReplayerSettings" ...
    and
    setting name="ReplayerSkinToUse....
    5. save and exit
    6. restart HM. The lines in the config file will be recreated.
    7. check the subfolder replayer skin\default skin of your holdemmanager installation path (default c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager. Does this folder exist and contain files? If not please come back, we need to send you the files.
    8. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.

Default teamviewer help

is there any other person that can help besides patrick? patrick installed holdem manager on my laptop a few days ago, but when i went to find the file "config\holdemmanager.config", i couldn't even find holdem manager or holdem manager files under "program files" or under the list of program files in the "install/uninstall" area. yet when i click on the holdem manager shortcut on my desktop something comes up that looks like holdem manager. once again i feel i need some teamviewer type help, but this isn't available right now?

This IS possible even without Patrick. Send email to support@holdemmanager.com and request scheduling for TV session.

thanks, i just sent a request to support. when you e-mail me, would you please indicate what are the times i should try and contact you?
    Last edited by saintjohn; 04-07-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: add times