Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

I have been using HEm for 3 months fine and then in the last week I have had the following error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

I click OK, then the database control panel opens. I click on connect and it says:
    "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I click on Yes and it says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

I click OK and the Connect and it says the connection could not be made.

I have followed instructions and disabled UAC as well as reinstalled postegresql 8.3 all to no avail as well as setting the 3 exe files for HEM as administrator.

Help please.

This is always a problem with either the firewall/antivirus etc so please follow the FAQ here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=34 and most likely them solutions wont work so then continue into FAQ 171 and follow it exactly as skipping any step will proabably fail so make sure not to skip anything
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. I followed all the instructions from the help page, but it still did not work. What do I do now?

same problem and it started at the same time. i never had this problem since i started HEM a year or so ago.

Me too

could it be a bug that in the program that affects all users?

Same problem here. And I've also been using it for ages with no issues and have made no changes to Firewall/Anti-virus or anything like that. It's just stopped working.

I am getting the same thing. I went through the FAQ (171) and have user account access or whatever turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by TallguyUK View Post
    I have been using HEm for 3 months fine and then in the last week I have had the following error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

I click OK, then the database control panel opens. I click on connect and it says:
    "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I click on Yes and it says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

I click OK and the Connect and it says the connection could not be made.

I have followed instructions and disabled UAC as well as reinstalled postegresql 8.3 all to no avail as well as setting the 3 exe files for HEM as administrator.

Help please.

Same problem here. Have been using HM for a long time and never had this problem.

I accidentaly made another post and now cant delete it. my bad. what i said before still stands though. not working.