Can't delete hands from database

Default Can't delete hands from database

Hello, Iím trying to delete some old hands (about 500k) from my HM3 database but itís not working at all.
    I go to tools -> purge hands, then I configure the hands I want to delete and make it start: it takes about 2 hours to fill the progressing bar then it stucks just before completing it. The result is that no hands have been deleted.
    Is this problem fixable somehow? Or is there any other way to purge hands?
    Thank you in advance

This is typically due to not having enough free space on your C:\ system drive for HM3 to be able to use the Windows 'TEMP' space to process purges, exports, backups, etc of a large database. We recommend you maintain more than 20% free space on your system drive. Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space.

That being said, purging 500k hands, and then vacuuming the database to reclaim the free space, will likely take much longer than creating a new empty database and importing only the other hands you wanted to keep.

Many customers with large lifetime samples tend to use a smaller database containing the last 3 to X months' worth of hands while playing live with the HUD. When not playing live with the HUD, they may periodically update a larger lifetime database to review older lifetime data in the Reports. If their live play database becomes too large and starts to have performance issues, they can simply create a new, smaller database with fewer hands.

For example: My lifetime database contains over 500k hands dating back to 2007. I never use that database when playing live with the HUD. For live play I have a separate database with only my testing hands played over the past 1 - 2 years, which is under 30k hands. This reduces the amount of RAM and CPU used by my PC when playing live with the HUD for optimal performance.

​Under the File menu, there is a 'New Database' option to start a new, empty database. Then you use the File - 'Import Folder...' option to import a smaller sample of recent hands to your new database from your C:\HM3Archive folder.

See this FAQ - https://kb.holdemmanager.com/knowled...e-new-database
    - All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons.
    - By default, your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive, but you may have configured it anywhere in the HM3 - Tools - Settings - Import menu -*https://kb.holdemmanager.com/knowled...ettings#import
    - The archive should be organized by \Network\Year\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\PokerStars\2022\07\23) by default.

To be honest I have about 70% free space on my ssd but anyway I'll follow your tip and set a new database up.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by staralfur View Post
    To be honest I have about 70% free space on my ssd ......
    If you continue to have problems purging hands from the original database or the new database, even though you have 70% free space, please reproduce the problem and send us a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.