Unable to see more than a single column in NotesDefinition window

Default Unable to see more than a single column in NotesDefinition window

Hi,

I have used HM and NC for many years, but not at all for the last 2-3 years. I have only recently turned on the PC where I was running it.

I have NC v 2.9.0046.0
    HM 3.1.33.0

I am having some issues with notes seemingly not being generated so I go to APPS/NoteCady/Show NoteCaddy. The Note Definitions Window only displays a single column which is the 'Average' column and I cannot figure out how to display the rest of the columns.

I have right clicked on the 'Average' header column and I get the menu with the options to Show Column Chooser. When I choose that it shows a window with the 15 or so columns with them all being highlighted, but it is impossible unselect or do anything at all. The Best Fit and Best Fit for Columns options does not seem do anything either.

What do I in order to be able to view my list of Definitions?

I note that if I click on one of the rows that I can see the Average number for it does bring up the NoteDefinition in the main window where I presumably could edit it. So, it seems like it is all working except for the display issue.

Thank you

I will add that today after having re-started the machine I can no longer see the NoteDefinition window at all. It is presumably related to auto hide/dockable window functionality not quite working correctly?

Ah, restoring default layout brings back the window, but it still only has the single Average column as described above.
    Last edited by tlukasha; 12-17-2023 at 06:08 AM.

Hi, I have not had a response to this one. Do I need to post it somewhere else, like in the NC forum??

Quote Originally Posted by tlukasha View Post
    Hi, I have not had a response to this one. Do I need to post it somewhere else, like in the NC forum??
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the software and I apologize for the delay in reply.

Please update to our latest beta version of HM3 from this link.

Try to reset your NC settings to default:

- Close your poker clients, close HM3, and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData folder and move (i.e. Cut/Paste) the \Notecaddy folder to your desktop as a backup.
    - Also move the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\Apps\NoteCaddy folder as well.
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-1166d1d9f4b5
    - Restart HM3, and allow a couple of minutes for NC to reinstall. It should start the wizard after installing NC again.

If none of that helps:

Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created and I will forward it to the NC and HM3 QA team to review.

The steps you described allowed me to overcome the initial problem of a single column (the averages column) being displayed. However, now I see a single column, the DefinitionName column, which is more helpful, but still not right. I am still unable to choose additional columns.

In addition I notice that NC does not want to create new notes even after I reset them. It seems to check and decide immediately that there is no work to be done. I have uploaded the 3.0 folder to wetransfer. The link is attached below. Let me know if you anything more.

https://we.tl/t-GfFPf3Q47Q

Quote Originally Posted by tlukasha View Post
    The steps you described allowed me to overcome the initial problem of a single column (the averages column) being displayed. However, now I see a single column, the DefinitionName column, which is more helpful, but still not right. I am still unable to choose additional columns.

In addition I notice that NC does not want to create new notes even after I reset them. It seems to check and decide immediately that there is no work to be done. I have uploaded the 3.0 folder to wetransfer. The link is attached below. Let me know if you anything more.

https://we.tl/t-GfFPf3Q47Q
    Hi, please let me know if this is sufficient to diagnose further. Thank you

Super Moderator

Hello,

Having done the steps above you have already re-installed NC. That should have fixed the issue with the definitions name not showing and only the averages doing so.

In order to add additional columns, once we open the "Column Chooser" one needs to drag the desired column from the list to the blue bar. i.e. drag the "Average" from the list in column chooser right on top of the blue bar where it has already the "Definitions Name". When doing this we will notice two white arrows showing if the new column will be on the left or right side, depending where we drop it.

Regarding the second issue of NC apparently not taking notes.

There are a couple of things to make sure:

In order, some steps might sound simplistic but allow us to identify quickly where we stand.

- Check if the active DB is the correct one. How many hands are in the DB and what poker rooms you play on? The time it will take to process all hands for notes depends on the size of the DB and number of definitions we are using qwith NC.
    - Check if the definitions pack is well installed. If the definitions show in NC and if the HUDs are correctly imported. What definitions package are you using by the way? Reinstall the definitions package if necessary.
    - Reset notes and then process all hands for notes. When finished, restart HM3. Check in replayer if when using a HUD the notes are showing for any player, best if we check with villain we have most hands on as it has a bigger sample.

After these steps Notecaddy will have to have processed all hands by now. Since you were not playing for a while, it is possible that reinstalling the definitions package helps. There were a few upgrades done to them to cope with poker clients updates along the time that might not reflect in the "old" definitions. I would push at this stage and without more details to what might be wrong for reinstalling the definitions package.

Let us know how this goes.

Best wishes,

jahrumble