No All-in Equity % in the side pots.

Default No All-in Equity % in the side pots.

Hello,

my HM3 doesn't show any All-in Equity if you go All-in vs 2 or more opponents and they have any stack remaining.

I know this situations happen not so often but if you are a shortstack, in the long run the data is not accurate.

2023-08-31.png

Anybody else has this problem?

Is any solution for this?

Thank you very much for your attention.

I've seen there are 2 threads about this issue already in 2009.

In those threads, it was addressed that something was going to be done about it. My question is:

What was done about it?

HM3 uses the same equity code as PT4 now which is more accurate and less biased than the code we used for equity in HM2. In a hand where a player is all-in but other players are not, net adjusted results are not calculated. When one player is all-in preflop and other players are not, they usually have the option to act post-flop, which means that sometimes one of them will fold. Having the option to fold* after another street is dealt means that in the long run there will be more strong hands that get to showdown and less weak hands. If we were to calculate net adjusted results in hands like this it would introduce a systematic bias (because there will be more known strong hands) so we exclude all hands like this from net adjusted calculations. You can read more about this here.

*Note: Attempting to calculate adjusted results when unknown but folded cards already called the all-in also introduce a bias into the results so HM3 does not make these calculations in any situation where a player calls the all-in and later folds (even if it's on the same street).

If you don't believe that your hand fits either of those types of specific situations please send us the original hand history file with screenshots/details of the hand/issue as instructed at the bottom of this guide.

Thank you for your response.

I have read your link and all the info about it and I think there is a misconception about this matter.

The key is that we as HM3/PT4 users need a new stat regarding EV on side pots situations. It was demanded 14 years ago. It doesn't matter if the stat is biased or not. The stat is not a rule, it's an option. We don't ask you to change the equity code of "All-in adjusted" stat. Let that stat as it is. We are asking for a NEW STAT that calculates the hand equity according to the hand percentages in the All-in before the side pot is created and the hand continues. In fact I am doing this on a worksheet after every session when this situation happens. Maybe it's biased and doesn't reflect the EV accuratly but in my humble opinion is another step closer to it (at least it's closer than doing no calculation at all).

So I guess that's it. Should be the player's choice to use one stat or another to research his own play (as it happens with a lot of other situations). And you should provide those stats so the customer can choose between (as you do in a lot of another situations).

Let me know what you think about it.

And again, thank you very much for your attention.

Thank you for your response.

I have read your link and all the info about it and I think there is a misconception about this matter.

The key is that we as HM3/PT4 users need a new stat regarding EV on side pots situations. It was demanded 14 years ago. It doesn't matter if the stat is biased or not. The stat is not a rule, it's an option. We don't ask you to change the equity code of "All-in adjusted" stat. Let that stat as it is. We are asking for a NEW STAT that calculates the hand equity according to the hand percentages in the All-in before the side pot is created and the hand continues. In fact I am doing this on a worksheet after every session when this situation happens. Maybe it's biased and doesn't reflect the EV accuratly but in my humble opinion is another step closer to it (at least it's closer than doing no calculation at all).

So I guess that's it. Should be the player's choice to use one stat or another to research his own play (as it happens with a lot of other situations). You should provide those stats so the customer can choose between them (as you have been doing all this time).

And again, thank you very much for your attention.

This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *

HMT-5088: Add config option to calculate All-In Adj in Multi-Way pots (i.e. HM2 $EV)

If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5088 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Unfortunately, I do not have an estimate for if or when this feature might be added as it is not on our short-term release plans at this time.

Thank you very much.

I really appreciate it. Good job.