.n2d file type definitions issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default .n2d file type definitions issue

Hello.

Today i noticed that some of my NC stats were not being displayed in the tables so i checked the list of denitions in the Notecaddy, and apparently those definitions dissapeared.

I checked the AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyDefinitions folder and the missing definitions DO appear there.

I tried importing them and i got a message saying that the definitions already exist and if i wanted to overwrite them.

It seems that only the .n2d file type definitions are the ones affected.

Those .n2d are some definitions i got years ago from the NoteCaddy Edge pack "NC Essentials" and those supposed to be purchased with no limit time.

So is there something im missing? did the licence NoteCadde Edge had over those definitions get revoked or something? any idea of what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator

Hello,

The path you mention for the Notecaddy files indicates you are using HM2.

First I need to say that HM2 and Notecaddy for HM2 have reached the end of life cycle. As such it will not be getting anymore updates in the future. The funcionality might break at some point due to poker clients upgrades.

That said.

If the definitions are not showing in the "Definitions" active tab. Check the inactive tab if they are there by any chance. Since they show in the folder they should also show in the definitions tab in Notecaddy.

Since the definitions are from a definitions package you can and should install the package from the "Manage My Ultimate packs" option and use those definitions in your HUD. Do not import pack definitions from a backup folder. This is because the packs are updated and the definitions linked to the pack.

The NCE packs are working and if I understood everything correctly you should not have any issues using them. Try reinstalling the package and processing all hands for notes. Restart HM3 at the end for good measure and let us know how it went.

Probably open a support ticket if the issue persists so we can investigate further with you if needed.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Yes im using HM2 and and NC 2.6.0.9

Im using this version because i had perfermance issues with the latest version some time ago and i got adviced here to try out this one and it worked perfectly.

The missing definitions are not in the inactive definitions tab and it doesnt look like something related to poker client changes as this is something that affected only the .n2d file type while all the .xml work as always.

I tried to visit the Notecaddy Edge web and it seems to be down. Is it possible that NC Edge changed something and disabled my HM2 licence somehow?
    Last edited by WilliamPrieto; 07-10-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Super Moderator

Hello,

You should update NC to the last version for HM2/NC. NoteCaddy.2.9.9013.0. This version corrected many issues with definitions not showing.

Nothing changed on Notecaddy side. The Notecaddy website changed domain some time ago. Now its here: http://notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy.ashx

The creators of NCE left the business and left the HM team the packages to be used and maintained by us so the customers could still use them over time. That NCE original site is down by now but we still maintain the NCE packages.

Something happened or changed on your side to make this issue trigger. I would suggest starting with re-installing the NCE pack and testing the pack HUD and its notes on the replayer. All of them will be .n2d definitions. If it works like this, sure enough you can use your HUD again with the .xml definitions HUD.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Hi again.

For some reason NC cant get to update to the latest version and shows an error message when checking for updates.

When i made the roll back to this 2.6.0.9 NC version it used to offer me the update every time i opened the NC tab in the HM2, which i only had to refuse/cancel in order to keep the 2.6.0.9 version and avoid the performance issues i had with the 2.9.85 version (the latest one at that moment).

Then after some time it stopped offering the updating offer when opening the NC and started to show this error message instead. It didnt affect the NC functionality so i ignored it and assumed that i still could manually opt for the update through the "check for updates" option, but the same error message pops up when trying out.

NC update error.png

Super Moderator

Please open a support ticket and mention this thread so we can send you the apropriate last stable version working of NC with HM2.

This update will not launch on auto update in HM2. You will need to get it from support and install the files on your HM folder.

The versions you mention are very outdated and many fixes have been implemented since then. One of the errors fixed in the 2.9.9013 version is exactly that error you just got and it will also give you the option to install the packages from inside NC in the "Manage your Ultimate packs" option, something I donīt believe was possible in those versions you are currently using.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Okay i got the latest stable NC version working with HM2 through a support ticket, followed the instructions and i have now the 2.9.9013.0 version of NC.

The missing definitions are back in the list but i have had a problem when reprocessing the hands in the data base.

The NC starts creating notes as usual, and after a while it suddenly finishes and shows the "All hands processed. Waiting for new hands..." like if it really made it.

I tried again a few times and every time this would occur randomly at any moment during the note creation process.

I recorded and made a clip of the moment this happens so you can see how it looks like.

Super Moderator

Hello,

From the clip it seems as if it is processing only the new definitions.

Did you "reset notes" in File - Settings before processing the hands?

Processing notes that quick would make sense in a small database or if processing only a few definitions. Also make sure not to be using any filters either in NC or HM. That might limit the amount of hands being processed as well.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Yes i resetted the notes before processing the hands, the total amount of hands is of a bit over 5 millions and i use a lot of definitions.

It used to take like 12 hours or more with the old version i was using before, as the reading speed was of about 150 hands per second back then.

With this version i guess it should take about one and half or two hours.

The clip i posted is only of the exact moment it happened, but it happened after 40 minutes or so.

Super Moderator

Hi,

First try to make sure if there are still missing hands to be processed. It happens fairly often that the graphic falls late and then just jumps to the end when its done. The hand counter says only about half the database was processed when it skipped in your video so should be easy to understand if there are notes missing.

This behaviour usually happens when NC skips some hands either because it canīt read the handhistorys (old HHs), some date filters are active that make it skip those hands or when it runs out of resources to keep processing hands.

5 million hands and a lot of definitions need a lot of resources from the PC to work correctly. Keep an eye on the task manager for the RAM memory usage to try find out if this is not related.

Something to try out is creating a new database, reimport the hands to it using the HMarchive folder and process notes for that database to understand if it changes anything and is able to go to the end.

It is hard to give a more detailed answer as the issue can come from many places. Isolating and testing different possibilities to compare the results is the only way to better understand why.

Best wishes,

jahrumble
    Last edited by jahrumble; 07-17-2023 at 09:53 AM.