NC stops importing after around 10%

Default NC stops importing after around 10%

I somehow made the program start creating notes. It however stopped at around 10% of all hands. When I click on "Stop" it backtracks roughly 200k hands, automatically starts then again get stuck around the same hand. Most of my database wasn't imported from another computer btw. I recently only imported the old NC files to get my old stats and settings. I don't wanna get rid of my hands no matter how old they are so I find these advice regarding deleting old hands rather weird. Why is this program so broken it freezes? My computer is clearly not the issue, HEM barely makes it sweat. The program clearly knows hands are unprocessed or else it wouldn't show it is at 10%. I mean what is the problem then....
    Last edited by wtfpwnage; 06-24-2023 at 12:43 AM.

Super Moderator

Hello,

When note creation stops this can be caused by a few different things.

Usually either the handhistory files or some custom definitions cause these issues. In order to find out exactly what is causing this on your side it is needed to isolate what is causing this issue.

I would suggest opening a support ticket to try and troubleshoot your issue and send the log files to us to have a look. - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support

In that ticket, together with the log files, let us know what poker room you play on, what package of definitions you are using and also the general specifications of your computer as well as the current size of your database.

With this info it might be possible to start tracing what is causing this on your end.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Quote Originally Posted by jahrumble View Post
    Hello,

When note creation stops this can be caused by a few different things.

Usually either the handhistory files or some custom definitions cause these issues. In order to find out exactly what is causing this on your side it is needed to isolate what is causing this issue.

I would suggest opening a support ticket to try and troubleshoot your issue and send the log files to us to have a look. - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support

In that ticket, together with the log files, let us know what poker room you play on, what package of definitions you are using and also the general specifications of your computer as well as the current size of your database.

With this info it might be possible to start tracing what is causing this on your end.

Best wishes,

jahrumble
    Hey,

Sorry for replying so late, I was busy last week. Even though I own HM3 I still prefer to use HM2 (which I mentioned in my post). I tried to use the "feedback" button at the bottom right but it doesn't seem to work. I have no idea how else am I supposed to send you the files.

Thanks.

edit: I see I didn't mention that I was using NC with HM2 in the OP, my bad.

Super Moderator

Hello,

No worries we will be here when you have time

I really need to point that you should use HM3 as HM2 and NC for HM2 have reached the end of life cycle and will not be getting anymore updates in the future. This can cause some functionality to stop working in the future with the constant updates of the poker room clients.

You can still use HM2 but we dont support it any longer.

You can send the log files and the information requested to support@holdemmanager.com and mention this thread and that is for the Notecaddy support. Add all to that ticket/email and I will try to help you figure out what can be causing this to happen.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Quote Originally Posted by jahrumble View Post
    Hello,

No worries we will be here when you have time

I really need to point that you should use HM3 as HM2 and NC for HM2 have reached the end of life cycle and will not be getting anymore updates in the future. This can cause some functionality to stop working in the future with the constant updates of the poker room clients.

You can still use HM2 but we dont support it any longer.

You can send the log files and the information requested to support@holdemmanager.com and mention this thread and that is for the Notecaddy support. Add all to that ticket/email and I will try to help you figure out what can be causing this to happen.

Best wishes,

jahrumble
    Hey it's me again. I had too much work this month but now I have a lot of time off so I'll be here every day. I will definitely use HEM3 HUD as HEM2 HUD seems to freeze a lot when playing. I can't really use HEM3 for database analysis as it is just way too slow for that.

Nevertheless where can I find these log files? I tried to use the "feedback" button at the bottom right but it doesn't seem to work. I have no idea how else am I supposed to send you the files.

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Hello,

Have a look here to check how to find and send the log files: https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support

For HM2 the log files are located in the AppData/Roaming/HoldemManager folder.

If your are importing old definitions from versions of NC pre v2.9.9013.0 it is possible those will not work correctly. Some of the definitions packs had to be updated along the time to remain functional.

Usually in custom HUDs one has to install the definition pack from the "Manage My ultimate packs" option so it updates the definitions. Then import the remaining "custom" definitions and only then the import the HUD.

For the note creation process to get stuck it is usually a definition causing the slow down or some bad handhistorys.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Best wishes,

jahrumble