Hem2 started to freeze after i migrated my nc files

Default Hem2 started to freeze after i migrated my nc files

Not sure where to put this so I'm putting it here as well

I migrated my NC files from my old PC yesterday following this guide
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170719...o-another.ashx

now when I open HEM it freezes. Sometimes in the menu, sometimes when I open a hand replayer. What do I do? It started happening right after I did that and never before. The SW has become totally unusable!

Super Moderator

Hello,

When migrating from HM2 to HM3 some issues jmight happen. Depending on the complexity of the HUD and definitions more or less issues can happen.

The first thing we should do is isolate if the issue only happens with that set of migrated definitions.

BTW the new assaultware wiki site: http://notecaddy.com

I would suggest clearing the settings first: http://notecaddy.com/Resetting-NoteC...-settings.ashx

Then reimport your definitions. Only then reimport the HUDs. Process all hands for notes. Restart HM3 and check in replayer if HUD is working.

Re do the Notecaddy settings in HM3, do not import those. The imported HM2/NC settings might be what is causing the freezes. If that is that hopefully the import of the defintions and HUD goes through without any issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

I am importing the settings from HEM2 to HEM2. No HEM3 being used. I tried resetting the notes and it seems the problem stopped lol. The problem now is that when I click to process the notes again it always processes like 10k hands then stops importing. When I click on "stop" it stops and then automatically starts again (without me clicking start) and continues to import for a few seconds. Then again it stops importing. Yes my database is very large but my computer is also quite good (5800x3d, samsung 990 PRO ssd, 64gb ram) so it shouldn't be a problem. The import speed is over 2k when using 16 threads. When I dropped it to 2 threads it kept importing for a bit longer and would utilize 15-20% of CPU but still after around 10k hands it stops importing and the CPU usage drops to 0.1%.

Super Moderator

Hi,

My bad, I got the impression you were upgrading to HM3. No worries!

What you are describing usually happens in Databases that are very large, have more than one or two different poker rooms and very old hand historys.

The best way to get a better performance in these scenarios is creating a new database and importing the hands from the old database directly from the HMarchive folder you have on the old PC. Zip those, send them to the new PC and import those instead of the original handhistorys or the old database file.

With your setup unless there are some very specific HHs that are causing that slowdown and freeze in processing the hands and that we might need to try track down, you should notice an overall improvement in the speed of notes creation using the HMarchive folder HHs. The format of the hands becomes uniform with HM3 standard and maks it a lot easier for Notecaddy to process.

I always suggest cleaning up your database from obsolete hands after some time (depends on the person every 2 months, 1 years, 2 years) and monitoring the resources that are being used in load while playing to understand the right time to do that clean up if necessary.

Best Regards,

jahrumble