Laptop freezing while using HM3

Default Laptop freezing while using HM3

I have been playing Pokerstars Ontario for about a month now, usually 2-3 tables with HM3 running and a very simple HUD. I use a Dell XPS 15 7590 (Intel i7-9750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) with an external 4k monitor and mouse/keyboard. The RAM is 16GB.

Lately I've been experiencing some crashes while playing. The laptop fan starts whirling, the external monitor shuts off, and all my poker tables freeze up. I am thinking that HM3 is culprit for these frustrating freeze ups. When I check the task manager, it appears that HM3 is using 1100MB which seems quite high? My database is only a month old and I've played just 12k hands so I'm not sure why this is happening.

A friend told me I may have to save my database and uninstall/reinstall HM3? I wanted to check with the experts here first before I did anything like that. Can you please help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

1100 MB is not a lot of RAM for HM3 to use. HM3 uses SQLite for the databases instead of PostggreSQL so HM3 is going to use more ram than HM2 and PT4 which use PSQL.

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please reproduce and screenshot the error and send us both your Windows Event Viewer application logs and your \Desktop\HM3logs\ folder of files, as instructed below with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:

a) Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (right-click - Save All Events As...) and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.
    - Here is a short video showing how to collect those event viewer logs.

b) Please attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Note: When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 250MB phm3newdbf