Originally Posted by ten25
I'm trying to give HM3 one last chance before I switch to something else ... PT4 seems to be operating much much more smoothly and the interface is similar in some screens to HM3, but I don't like the filtering section at all (used to check how I'm doing in different spots/situations). Filters seem a lot more painful to use than HM3. My computer is near top of the line as far as processor goes... 64gb of RAM, 5900x, SSD... so that shouldn't be the issue. I do have a lot of popups, but I use them all.
I have done the following to help reduce the crashes / lag that I have been experiencing with HM3. These seem to be helping a bit but only in the first few hours of use so too early to tell.
* Reduce size of Layout.hm3 by deleting all HUD profiles that are unused - and for the default HUD profiles you cannot get rid of - I deleted all the pop ups and table groups. My file is down to 2.35MB. I had already reduced it from 16MB to like 4.5MB, was still getting crashes/lag/etc, found out today how to reduce it more (by deleting everything within the default profiles). The crashes at 4.5MB were prior to reducing my DB down to < 200k hands.
* Reduced size of database from like 550k hands to 190k.
* Checked to make sure NoteCaddy RAM disk option is on and 24 threads is selected. I have noticed NoteCaddy settings don't tend to stick so I have to set them again after restarting HM3... which could be related to some of the issues I have been having.
* Deleted all unused NoteCaddy definitions.
* Turned off CaddyScatter/Color Coding (not really using these anyway)
Are there any other things I can do besides these?
The only other thing I can think of besides an issue with HM3 causing the crashes could be a hardware problem.
I have been getting a few BSODs on this computer, and ran a memory test that came back with some errors... so earlier I reseated my RAM. Will run another RAM test soon and if it comes back with errors again will try some new RAM (good deals out there right now...). The only program that has been crashing (except occasionally Windows itself) has been HM3 - literally having problems with it 80% of my sessions.