Vs Player Report Shows Different Summary vs Detail Total
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vs Player Report Shows Different Summary vs Detail Total

On the vs. player report, the top part shows my Net Won BB to Player X as -107.16 BB, but on the details below (325 hands) the total for the Net Won BB column is 795.99.

Will send in a screen shot and zip file of hands.

The 'Net Won Game' in the upper part of the report will show you how much you won/lost from each player specifically. The 'Net Won' in the upper grid and hand grid below the report shows money won/lost in hands played with that selected player in total, not from just that player like the 'Net Won Game' in the upper portion of the report.

Thanks for the response. I'm specifically looking at the Net Won BB column, both the summary value on the top half and the total value on the bottom half. The numbers I have are miles apart (summary showing -100 bb, bottom showing +700 BB in the column total. It's over 300 hands and I've not yet tried totaling all 300 hands myself, but i dont understand why the exact same stat name (Net Won BB) is not the same between top and bottom.

Ok, I think I found a much simpler example in my DB that illustrates probably what you're trying to say.

For a player I have 3 hands against, 1 win and 2 losses (both folds where I lost just my ante). In the one hand I won, opponent was in SB and folded his 0.5bb but I ultimately won the hand for 48bb to another player. So my Net Won Game was much higher than the Net Won from the opponent.

Screenshot (9).png

So what I'm seeing is that on the vs. Player report
    - The "Net Won (BB)" on top represents "net bb won FROM THE PLAYER"
    - The "Net Won (BB)" on the bottom represents "bet bb won FROM GAMES WITH THE PLAYER"

This is quite confusing...if this is truly the case, shouldnt the column on the bottom part be labeled "Net Won Game BB" to differentiate from the calculation at the top?

Ok, I think I found a much simpler example in my DB that illustrates probably what you're trying to say.

For a player I have 3 hands against, 1 win and 2 losses (both folds where I lost just my ante). In the one hand I won, opponent was in SB and folded his 0.5bb but I ultimately won the hand for 48bb to another player. So my Net Won Game was much higher than the Net Won from the opponent.

Screenshot (9).png

- The "Net Won (BB)" on the bottom represents "bet bb won FROM GAMES WITH THE PLAYER"

This is quite confusing...if this is truly the case, shouldnt the column on the bottom part be labeled "Net Won Game BB" to differentiate from the calculation at the top?

PostgreSQL Whisperer

There no issues with net won bb stats. vs players report always show results in this logic: at the top you see results vs specific player (how much you lost or won vs him) but handgrid always shows the hand results.
    The game word in stats names means that this stat show values in game currency intead of pref currency. For example: if you set EUR as pref currenly but play on USD tables then net won will show your results in EUR and net won GAME will should your results in USD.

However I see that we have issue with Net Won stat in this report. It shouldn`t show the same values at the top and in handgrid.

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanInWis View Post

Screenshot (9).png

Please export/zip and send us these actual hands and screenshots as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ with a link to this thread and your forum name. Ensure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please export/zip and send us these actual hands and screenshots as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ with a link to this thread and your forum name. Ensure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.
    No need to send anything in, I’m saying now that I understand the calculations are correct. The issue is that it’s confusing that the same screen shows the exact same label (Net Won BB) twice but the meaning is different on top versus the bottom without it being obvious. Note that I know the calculations are different, I can manage. It was just confusing to me as a new user.

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanInWis View Post
    No need to send anything in, I’m saying now that I understand the calculations are correct. The issue is that it’s confusing that the same screen shows the exact same label (Net Won BB) twice but the meaning is different on top versus the bottom without it being obvious. Note that I know the calculations are different, I can manage. It was just confusing to me as a new user.
    I had forgotten, but back in March, we added descriptions to the relevant Stat name headers at the top of the grid to describe which of them are 'vs player' stats if you hover over them. The bottom grid header tooltips do not include mention of 'vs player' in the description, as those are from all players involved in the hand.

net won bb top header.png

net won bb bottom header.png

HMT-6579: Vs Player report should show stat descriptions on hover like other reports
    Wins - Number of hands won vs player
    Losses - Number of hands lost vs player
    20BB+ Wins - Number of hands won vs player where hero won 20 big blinds or more
    20BB+ Losses - Number of hands won vs player where hero lost 20 big blinds or more
    50BB+ Wins - Number of hands won vs player where hero won 50 big blinds or more
    50BB+ Losses - Number of hands won vs player where hero lost 50 big blinds or more
    Largest Win - Largest net amount won vs player
    Largest Loss - Largest net amount loss vs player
    Net Won (BB) - Net amount won vs player in big blinds
    Net Won Game - Net amount won vs player in-game currency

Okie doke, if the decision is to stay with that then I'm fine with it. Given I understand now, it's not a big deal for me either way. I still think the bottom should be labeled Net Won Game (bb) since that's what it's representing, but I'm just one person.

This issue can be considered closed.