Vs Player Report Shows Different Summary vs Detail Total - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanInWis View Post
    Okie doke, if the decision is to stay with that then I'm fine with it. Given I understand now, it's not a big deal for me either way. I still think the bottom should be labeled Net Won Game (bb) since that's what it's representing, but I'm just one person.

This issue can be considered closed.
    Yes, we (support, testers, QA) are still discussing it to see what we can write up for the developers to try and make it more clear for both you and us. We should be able to add some detailed text to the column headers of the upper and lower grids as needed, I think, to differentiate them without the need to hover for tooltips, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanInWis View Post
    Thanks for the response. I'm specifically looking at the Net Won BB column, both the summary value on the top half and the total value on the bottom half. The numbers I have are miles apart (summary showing -100 bb, bottom showing +700 BB in the column total. It's over 300 hands and I've not yet tried totaling all 300 hands myself, but i dont understand why the exact same stat name (Net Won BB) is not the same between top and bottom.
    The stats are actually the exact same in the top and bottom windows. However, the bottom window defaults to only the last 1,000 hands. If you change it to 100K hands (assuming you don't have more than 100K hands with that player) it will match.

It's debatable how useful this report actually is because it includes all wins/losses while sitting at a table with this player. For example, I could look at the report for player A and it says I lost $100 ... but the $100 might have been lost to player B while sitting at a table player A and B were both at.

It doesn't show how much you won/lost the money vs each particular player - which *would* be useful. Going off the report my total net won this year is $406K lol ... I have only won like ~30Kish after RB, which does display fine in the "cash results by stakes" tab (except I don't have it set up to calculate rakeback)

Quote Originally Posted by ten25 View Post
    The stats are actually the exact same in the top and bottom windows. However, the bottom window defaults to only the last 1,000 hands. If you change it to 100K hands (assuming you don't have more than 100K hands with that player) it will match.

It's debatable how useful this report actually is because it includes all wins/losses while sitting at a table with this player. For example, I could look at the report for player A and it says I lost $100 ... but the $100 might have been lost to player B while sitting at a table player A and B were both at.

It doesn't show how much you won/lost the money vs each particular player - which *would* be useful. Going off the report my total net won this year is $406K lol ... I have only won like ~30Kish after RB, which does display fine in the "cash results by stakes" tab (except I don't have it set up to calculate rakeback)
    Okay so realized my last post was partly wrong ... the "net won" column in both windows will match when you adjust the number of hands shown in the bottom window. Net Won Game - not exactly sure how this is calculated but apparently is intended to show what you won/lost from each specific player. However something is wrong with this column because it says in total I am up 43K this year (pre RB) ... which is like ~20K higher than reality.

Also I think there is a bug on this report with players that parentheses in their name - the top window is calculating in what appears to be the same as other players - but none of that players hands come up in the bottom window and it just says 0 hands (despite playing many with this player)

Cash Results by Stake (accurate)
    cash results.png

vs Player (not calculating correctly)
    vs player results.png
    Last edited by ten25; 12-05-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ten25 View Post
    Okay so realized my last post was partly wrong ... the "net won" column in both windows will match when you adjust the number of hands shown in the bottom window. Net Won Game - not exactly sure how this is calculated but apparently is intended to show what you won/lost from each specific player. However something is wrong with this column because it says in total I am up 43K this year (pre RB) ... which is like ~20K higher than reality.

Also I think there is a bug on this report with players that parentheses in their name - the top window is calculating in what appears to be the same as other players - but none of that players hands come up in the bottom window and it just says 0 hands (despite playing many with this player)

Cash Results by Stake (accurate)
    cash results.png

vs Player (not calculating correctly)
    vs player results.png
    Please send us some of the original hand history files that include hands from that player, with details and unedited screenshots of the issues with that player, for us to test as instructed at the end of this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please send us some of the original hand history files that include hands from that player, with details and unedited screenshots of the issues with that player, for us to test as instructed at the end of this guide.
    Hi Fozzy - it's not just with a single player. It's the totals on the bottom line of the Vs Player report that are incorrect when compared to the Cash Results by Stakes screen (which should also mean the individual totals are incorrect as to how much we won/lost from each player). The same would be visible in the sample database of a fresh HM3 install.

As to the player with parentheses in their name not having HH show up - the only player I could (quickly) find in my database with this issue was (without the quotes) "Mr Warranty (OG)". Probably the parentheses are breaking the SQLite query and a small code change needed to ensure they are escaped. It could be assumed any other characters that typically need to be escaped in a SQLite query would cause the same issue.

I believe at least one member of your team also plays on PokerStars MI so I would guess this player is in their database.

I am not willing to send in HH since my hole cards would be exposed.
    Last edited by ten25; 12-05-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Here is a screenshot using the default sample database ... same issue with the numbers not lining up on the "Cash Results by Stakes" tab, and "Vs Player" report... although they are closer probably just due to lack of a huge sample compared to my real db.

I uninstalled HM3 and deleted all my databases then reinstalled (on my laptop) to get these screenshots, so you know it's not something wonky with my setup. My real db is using the beta version too, so the issue isn't specific to 3.1.26.0

2022-12-05 21_42_23-Greenshot.png
    2022-12-05 21_42_05-Greenshot.png

The images you posted: the cash results by stakes is the hero data, the vs player report is data for his hands played vs opponents. That is why one report has all 1021 hands, and the other report only includes the hands you actually played vs one or more players. Please highlight and explain in detail what 2 stats/rows/columns you think should match in the 2 images you posted.

Good morning Fozzy,

The "net won game" column in the Vs Player report should total to $1079.95 as shown in the "Cash Results by Stakes" report "net won" column, but adds to $1,148.56 ... the difference is much more pronounced in my personal database which is ~$43K vs ~$22K.

This is assuming the "net won game" column in the Vs Player report is supposed to show you how much you have won vs each particular player.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png
    Last edited by ten25; 12-06-2022 at 12:09 PM.

The 'Net Won Game' in the upper part of the report will show you how much you won/lost from each player specifically for those 340 hands. It will never match your actual total net won for the entire sample as there are 681 other hands where you could have lost some chips (i.e. in the blind and folded, etc). 1006 of those 1021 hands IsPlayable=True, yet only 201 of those 340 hands in the vs Player report saw the flop.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    The 'Net Won Game' in the upper part of the report will show you how much you won/lost from each player specifically for those 340 hands. It will never match your actual total net won for the entire sample as there are 681 other hands where you could have lost some chips (i.e. in the blind and folded, etc). 1006 of those 1021 hands IsPlayable=True, yet only 201 of those 340 hands in the vs Player report saw the flop.
    Logically the numbers shown in the "Wins" and "Losses" column are not (and should not be) equal to the number of hands you have played. If you did not put money into the pot (voluntarily or involuntarily) there would be no win or loss, thus no tally in the "Wins" or "Losses" column.

The report *does* include (as it should) when you fold your blinds to a player who ultimately wins the pot - whether there is further action or not. This can be verified by filtering the "Vs Player" report to DidVPIP=false and then checking the "net won game" column.

The "net won game" column logically should be exactly equal to your "net won" in USD on the "Cash Results by Stakes" page - if the "Vs Player" report shows I lost $50 to player A and won $100 from player B then my "net won game" should be $50.00 and my "net won" on "Cash Results by Stakes" should be $50.00 ... for example in the sample database we show "net won game" $1148.56 and "net won" $1079.95 ...

$1148.56 - $1079.95 = $68.61

Where did the extra $68.61 come from?

If the "Vs Player" report is complete and not filtering out particular hands (which it doesn't seem doing) then it should just net out to the same as the cash results by stakes page. Nothing has changed about how much we won just because we changed the report view to look at our wins/losses from each player.
    Last edited by ten25; 12-06-2022 at 01:29 PM.