Ontario player...Canadian funds default setting?

Default Ontario player...Canadian funds default setting?

Hey guys!

Still love HM3, thanks for all the support!

Question - is there a way I can make my databases Canadian dollars by default? I am trying to avoid going into each tournament and changing the currency to Canadian.

Thanks very much!

We have a preferred currency option in the Settings menu 'Exchange Rates' section - https://kb.holdemmanager.com/knowled...exchange-rates

2022-10-28_13h44_05.png

I saw that, but it doesn’t work for Ontario. In Ontario, we pay all buy-ins and such, and receive the winnings, in Canadian dollars (HM3 presumes that the funds paid in and out are US dollars), so there is no need to have an exchange rate applied.

I think the solution is to either leave the preferred currency at USA, so no conversion is applied, or manually change the exchange rate for Canada to 1.0000.

Quote Originally Posted by Statsman1 View Post
    I saw that, but it doesn’t work for Ontario. In Ontario, we pay all buy-ins and such, and receive the winnings, in Canadian dollars (HM3 presumes that the funds paid in and out are US dollars), so there is no need to have an exchange rate applied.

I think the solution is to either leave the preferred currency at USA, so no conversion is applied, or manually change the exchange rate for Canada to 1.0000.
    That setting should do what you need as far as I am aware, and I actually just tested a small sample of CAD hands from the same site yesterday regarding a similar customer question. If you believe HM3 is not recording something properly for your currency you need to send us the hand history files, and tournament summary files, with screenshots/details of the issues as instructed at the end of this guide so we can have one of our testers review the issue and files.

Yep, no real problem - changing the CAN exchange rate to 1.0000 solves the issue the best way, in terms of reporting. The totals are correct.

Thanks, Fozzy71!

Patrick

OK, thanks for the updated info. I am in the states so currency/exchange issues are not something I have to manage for my own databases.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 10-29-2022 at 01:04 PM.