making a stat "bet turn OOP vs hero"

Default making a stat "bet turn OOP vs hero"

Hello, i have a problem with making the stat "bet turn OOP - vs hero". If it wasnt vs hero it would have been easy, but if now i want it to be vs hero only (and if it was IP it would be easy too - just make a check action with "player had to be the hero" checked before the bet action of the note player). The only way im thinking of doing it right now is make all the possible flop actions (bet, check, raise, call) for a hero then proceed but its pretty lengthy, and gotta be very careful of bugs and unwanted hands getting in the sample so i was wondering is there another way?

Super Moderator

Hello,

I do understand where your issue is. There is no way of assigning hero to last action without defining it.

In order to go around that, the best way is to assign an action to hero on a previous street. Divide it in two. With hero as PFR or as caller, set them in Preflop action sequences. as player had to be the hero.

From there you can jump straight to Turn. Or define further on the Flop if the villain action vs Hero is a bet vsMCB or Total bet OOP (turn donk included) vs hero in either SRP with hero as PFR or as caller.

The "trick" is making the definition vs Hero as early as possible. So when the last action is a OOP bet vs hero there needs to be no response action from hero.

You can also have a look at the avaliable vs hero definitions in the NCE cash definitions package. It will help understanding how those are built, altough none of them goes as far as the turn.

These two helped me understanding your point - HM.vsHeroCBet-FlopXR and HM.vsHero-FlopCB-FvR

To install this pack go to "Manage My ultimate packages" and select the "NCE Ultimate Cash". Install that one and have a look at those vsHero definitions.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you still have any doubts.

jahrumble

thats a good idea, unfortunately i failed to specify that i want it to be heads up on the turn (so i want it to incude situations where its 3 handed on flop and then HU on turn) and if i want that i cant not incude the flop actions, otherwise there can be a scenario where hero folds the flop street when its multiway while 2 other players are left to the turn and it will false positive. I will check out the definitions too, but i reached the conclusion i just need to not be that lazy and go through the flop actions for hero, it wont be that hard anyway thanks for the help, again.

Super Moderator

Hi again.

To mitigate that we need to define the turn action as HU. Leave the Flop open to MW and HU but with an action having to be performed by hero on the flop as well.

Indeed the more detail we want to input to our definitions the more complex they become. Attention to detail is really needed. Many times in order to create one definition we have to then divide it in many other actions and create the followup definitions for the same spot.

As a suggestion I usually advise to use that NCE pack definitons as a starting point. Then build any definitions we canīt find there using more often than not an example definition from the package to create a template of a spot and adjust. This will have you investigating how that one was done while saving you much time creating the definition for a spot that can then be divided in many others.

Best wishes,

Ivo Rocha

one last question - in this example - i put first action "bet" (with no checkboxes ticked), then i put action "fold" with ticked "action had to NOT happen", "player had to be the hero" and "player had to NOT be the note recipient" - the desired result will exclude situations where someone bet and hero folded right after that, but will it also exclude situations where someone bet, hero raised, than someone reraised and hero folded to the reraise (so in other words does the "action had to NOT happen" stay active for secondary actions also) ?

Super Moderator

Hi,

To answer only to your question: No.

Every action is an individual action. In that scenario it should not exclude bet-raise-shove/reraise-fold scenarios. This definitions contains 4 actions. The raise-fold scenario you described only uses 2 actions, bet-fold.

These two would be separate different definitions.

If you are looking for Total fold stats, HM3 has one for each street. It is a HM3 stat you can add to HUD. Not a NC stat with the notes created tough.

Hope this helped.

jahrumble