Looking for features I used to use

Default Looking for features I used to use

Hey Folks,
    been away from poker a few years and a new computer here, lost my HM2 database way back anyway, so decided to just invest in the new version. Bunch of stuff I cant find anymore. I assumed it was because I was on a trial version, but I just purchased full license.... so Im a HM3 noob.

Things I cant find on this version that I had on HM2

- How do I add the "red line" and "blue line" to the green cash results graph ?
    - the opponent analysis (dont recall if that was the exact name) but it showed a bunch of stats for that person vs the "recommended" or avg stats ?
    - don't see any way to add stats to the opponent analysis ?
    - the included reports used to include some pretty decent leak analysis for both 6-max and FR?
    - is there a place to download more of the reports or something, the report list looks pretty sparse compared to obsolete version ?
    - I recall being able to write a report and then save it to a file and share the formatting and design with somebody else ?
    - Now I don't see where to customize/write reports at all (other than just filter some hands) ?

I have to assume this has improved over the last 4 or 5 years, but I'm probably blind at not finding this stuff.

Thanks for any help on any item

Quote Originally Posted by StixForBrains View Post
    been away from poker a few years and a new computer here, lost my HM2 database way back anyway, so decided to just invest in the new version. Bunch of stuff I cant find anymore. I assumed it was because I was on a trial version, but I just purchased full license.... so Im a HM3 noob.
    We have some general FAQs for HM3 here.

Every menu in HM3 also has at least one video if you use the Help - Video Guides menu. We also have other ways you can browse or search our videos:
    - FAQ page by category here.
    - Searchable web page here.
    - Our Youtube page here.

- How do I add the "red line" and "blue line" to the green cash results graph ?
    In the lower-left corner of every graph is a gear icon to open the graph options.

graph options - red n blue lines.png

- the opponent analysis (dont recall if that was the exact name) but it showed a bunch of stats for that person vs the "recommended" or avg stats ?
    I am not sure which HM2 view you are referring to but we have 3 different 'Opponents' views in HM3 you can learn about here.

- don't see any way to add stats to the opponent analysis ?
    That is not possible at this time. Opponents' views do not work the same way as reports.

The only way currently to study population stats, beyond the Opponents List view, is to create an alias for those players (click the active player name then select the 'Edit Aliases...' option and create a new alias to add players to) then set that alias to be the active player in the reports for analysis, but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this. If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via the NoteCaddy subscription Aliases feature that creates an alias based on a color definition.

Note: This technique can also cause erroneous results in the reports if some of the villain's you aliased together have played hands against each other. An alias is designed to join 2 or more hero screen names that would not have played against each other so while this is possible to do it is not something we officially support or recommend.

We also released a new HM3 Range Wizard App that will make population study much easier. We have a free version of the Range Wizard app under the HM3 - Apps menu if you click 'Get HM3 Apps...'.

The Range Wizard FAQs can be found here and we have a few videos about it here.

Note: The Range Wizard app will soon get a major update with new features and be renamed to Leak Explorer and you can learn more about those new features here - https://leakexplorer.com/

- the included reports used to include some pretty decent leak analysis for both 6-max and FR?
    You will need to be more specific about what report or view in HM2 you are referring to but we don't generally give leak advice in HM2 or HM3 reports.

- is there a place to download more of the reports or something, the report list looks pretty sparse compared to obsolete version ?
    Most of the reports in HM2 are available in HM3. If you notice any specific HM2 reports or data that you can't find in HM3 please ask your question again in more detail about what specific HM2 reports you can't find in HM3.

p.s. You can still install and use HM2 if you need to refresh your memory about HM2 features, we just no longer update it or provide tech support for HM2 bugs.

- I recall being able to write a report and then save it to a file and share the formatting and design with somebody else ?
    You can export reports to *.csv or *.html file using the right-click menu in the upper grid of any report, if that is what you are referring to.

- Now I don't see where to customize/write reports at all (other than just filter some hands) ?
    You can't write your own custom report but you can edit any report as needed then save your own custom version of that report, and favorite it, if you want to.