old directories with old databases?

Default old directories with old databases?

HI, I have some old directories and files, I don't know if they can be deleted
    The current database is in c: \ Users \ USERNAME \ Documents \ Holdem Manager 3 \ Databases \
    but I also have some directories in c: \ Users \ USERNAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ HoldemManager \ Database \ it seems to me that here are old databases and to save space I would like to delete them but I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by luke11 View Post
    HI, I have some old directories and files, I don't know if they can be deleted
    The current database is in c: \ Users \ USERNAME \ Documents \ Holdem Manager 3 \ Databases \
    This is the default location for your HM3 SQLite databases.

but I also have some directories in c: \ Users \ USERNAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ HoldemManager \ Database \ it seems to me that here are old databases and to save space I would like to delete them but I'm not sure
    This is the default location for the 'Players' half of your HM2 PostgreSQL databases. The other half of those databases are stored in C:\postgreSQL\data\base, or similar under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) depending on which version of PostgreSQL you have installed. If you want to delete/drop HM2 databases you should do that via the HM2 Database Manager or by installing PGAdmin.

thank you very much, it helped

since I only use HM3, do I need these folders?
    c: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ HEM Data \
    c: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ HoldemManager \

can they be removed?

No, but you should back up data. Keep c:\hm2archive.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dem+Manager%3F

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

Before you uninstall anything HM2 related I would suggest you make a backup of your HM2 database(s) and settings that you may want later. You should also manually compress/copy and backup all original hands and settings manually to a cloud or external storage drive/host.

Please see this FAQ to backup HM2 data. This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

Once that is done, and you have imported any required databases and HUDs from HM2 to HM3, then you can safely uninstall HM2 and PSQL.

a) First open HM2 and create a new empty database in the database manager, and then manually delete any databases that had hands in them. This could take some time depending on the database sizes and your machines performance. Once that is done close HM2.

b) Uninstall HM2 with Revo uninstaller. There is a tutorial how to use it here. Make sure you scan for, select all, and delete all leftover files/folders that Revo finds for HM2 (and PSQL).

c) Uninstall PostgreSQL with Revo and again scan, select, and delete leftovers it finds.

d) Empty your Recycle Bin.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

thanks, i did as you wrote
    directories left
    c: \ hm2archive
    c: \ Users \ lk \ AppData \ Roaming \ HEM Data \ with some old hands
    c: \ Users \ lk \ AppData \ Roaming \ HoldemManager \
    can these three directories be safely deleted now so that they won't interfere with HM3?

thanks, i did as you wrote
    directories left
    c: \ hm2archive
    c: \ Users \ lk \ AppData \ Roaming \ HEM Data \ with some old hands
    c: \ Users \ lk \ AppData \ Roaming \ HoldemManager \
    can these three directories be safely deleted now so that they won't interfere with HM3?
    I would not delete the HM2Archive folder unless you made a backup copy of it. You will want the original hands in C:\HM2Archive and C:\HM3Archive in case you ever need to create a new database and import those hands again. The other 2 folders can be deleted if you uninstalled HM2. If you uninstall HM2 you can also uninstall PostgreSQL as HM3 does not need that like HM2 did.

thanks guys