wrong ICM adjusted winnings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wrong ICM adjusted winnings

hello
    since the last few hm3 updates something went really wrong with the icm winnings. After each single-table SNG session, no matter if it's on stars or 888, i get 2-3 games that are imported with -few hundred $ in ICM adjusted winnings. I'm playing $5 to $20 STT-SNGs. I can't lose -$700 in EV in a $5 game. I always have to manually click detect 5-10 times until it magically decides to work, or have to delete reimport the hand histories until it randomly decides to show the correct values. Please fix this, it's getting frustrating

Screenshot 2022-06-21 194433.png

After a session when this happens, does the ICM value update/correct itself if you do a full HM3 client AND server restart as instructed below?

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Restart HM3 and make sure HM3 and the HM3 Server (Auto Import/HUD) is fully started.
    - Launch your poker client(s).

We have some old tickets about auto import detection issues, and some more recent reports about the ICM being incorrect if you click the HM3 'refresh' button during tournament detection.

If you continue to have issues with detection during live play please follow the steps below to send us some new logs with feature logging enabled, and hands/summaries from the logged session, so we can write up a new bug report for our QA/Development guys to review.

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Please start HM3 from the Start Menu using the 'Holdem Manager 3 with Logging' option - [x] 'AutoImport' and [x] 'Import' - OK and make sure HM3 and the HM3 Server (Auto Import/HUD) is fully started.
    - Launch your poker client(s).
    - Please reproduce the problem during live play and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem. You can also attach any screenshots or other files to the Send Feedback interface as long as they don't total over 250 MB (including logs).
    - If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support
    - Also attach your hand history and tournament summary files from that session with screenshots of the 'Tournaments' report, and detailed description by tournament 'Number' stat (far right of the 'Tournaments' report) so we know which specific tournaments are wrong, as instructed at the end of this guide - https://kb.holdemmanager.com/knowled...-reports-fixed

I'm 100% percent sure that it's not caused by clicking refresh during tournament detection. I'm not using the automatically refresh option in the live play tab, i'm not clicking refresh to see my results until after my session is finished and i've tried to import my pacific hand history folder in a new database and I encountered an even bigger issue: icm adjusted was exactly the same as the net winnings on 99% of the games and on 5-6 games i had -$500ish EV. Clicking on "detect" didn't solve anything.

Regarding your question "After a session when this happens, does the ICM value update/correct itself if you do a full HM3 client AND server restart as instructed below?" the answer is no. When i'm lucky, it gets fixed after multiple restarting, purging, reimporting, clicking "detect" 15 times in a row...

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ with a link to this thread and your forum name. Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

justrunbetter did you ever solve this? I have the same issue, 5-6x the buyin negative ICM for tournaments for no reason, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bail3yz View Post
    justrunbetter did you ever solve this? I have the same issue, 5-6x the buyin negative ICM for tournaments for no reason, etc.
    It hasn't been solved yet. I only play on 888 and Pokerstars. On stars it fixes itself way easier after clicking "detect" multiple times on those specific games, but on 888 is way harder. You have to delete and reimport the games multiple times, click detect multiple times, fingers crossed and hope you're lucky next time you start HM3 the game won't show at -$7628648716 EV and you have to repeat the whole process again.

After yesterday's update, i created a new database and imported all my pokerstars hands into it. After a gazzilion hours of importing and detecting tournaments, i'm at around -$1M in EV lol. So it def hasn't been fixed

Results.png

this is my graph after reimporting my whole HM archive folder in a new database

Quote Originally Posted by justrunbetter View Post
    Results.png

this is my graph after reimporting my whole HM archive folder in a new database
    Yup same issue for me.

When I view the individual hands in a sng, itll be -$10 ICM Ev Diff every hand, even when no allin occurs.

Very bad bug, sloppy coding. No allin occurs, ICM value should not change.
    Your thread is months old.. I just got HM3, but surely we arent the only people. I cant trust a product that miscalculates a stat this bad and wasnt patched after being pointed out months ago.
    Such an obvious error, and not fixed. And if it wasnt such an obvious error, we'd be viewing incorrect stats forever and never realize it.
    Makes me have little faith in the accuracy of other things.

I tested the alternative product last night, and imported my tournaments, worked perfectly..

Quote Originally Posted by bail3yz View Post
    Yup same issue for me.

When I view the individual hands in a sng, itll be -$10 ICM Ev Diff every hand, even when no allin occurs.

Very bad bug, sloppy coding. No allin occurs, ICM value should not change.
    Your thread is months old.. I just got HM3, but surely we arent the only people. I cant trust a product that miscalculates a stat this bad and wasnt patched after being pointed out months ago.
    Such an obvious error, and not fixed. And if it wasnt such an obvious error, we'd be viewing incorrect stats forever and never realize it.
    Makes me have little faith in the accuracy of other things.

I tested the alternative product last night, and imported my tournaments, worked perfectly..
    That's a thing that I don't get either... HM3 claims to use the same ICM calculation method as PT4, yet that one works flawlessly and theirs is as nuked as it gets

Please zip and email a small sample of the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ with a link to this thread and your forum name. Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.