The best way of transfer HM database from desktop to laptop

Default The best way of transfer HM database from desktop to laptop

hi,

i need to transfer large database from desktop to laptop. i have been using this desktop for about 1 year. I don't know how big is the database but it should be fairly big since it contains playing and mining data for at least a year of time.

What's the best way to get the database transfered so i will be able to have all othe data?

if the database is too large on my desktop and cannot be hosted on laptop, i would have to purge some of the outdated mining data from the database, how long is it going to take?

thanks

-jun

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=101

depends on how many hands but i wouldnt know exactly, if its millions of hands i.e 2-3 million maybe 3-4 hours as a guess, maybe do it while you sleep
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default how big is my database going be for 10M hands?

hi,

thanks for the reply.

i am trying to find out how big is my database. i didn't see anything in HM. i think i have 5-10M hands in database and i only have 5-10G of free space on my laptop. Is it going to be enough?

thx

-jun

FWIW:

I have 11.2 million hands in my database
    It takes up 46.2 GB (uncompressed and indexed)

How big in hands or how big in GB's for hands see this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=19 to find out the size of the database go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\Data and right click on the data folder and choose properties and it will show you in the properties window.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.