River Call Efficiency Stat on Chop Pots

Default River Call Efficiency Stat on Chop Pots

I think the way the river call efficiency stat is calculated on chop (tied) pots should be changed. The stat calculates the average return per $1 of river calls and check calls. But when a river call is made that results in a tied pot, it shows no return on the $$ invested, I assume since the pot is split (assuming two players), and therefore no $$ is won on the hand overall. But the call is saving the player's existing 50% equity in the pot which would otherwise be forfeited if they had folded instead. I think it should show a return that reflects that 50% equity retained.

For example, say a pot was $2 total going into the river. Villian bets $1, and hero calls. Both players split the $4 pot, getting back $2 each. Since hero invested $1 on their river call to get back $2, the stat should show a river call efficiency of 2 for that hand.

We have an open developer ticket to re-work the way this stat is calculated. I added your comments to the ticket for reference when the developers eventually work on this.

This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5084 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.