Notecaddy being slow in game
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Notecaddy being slow in game

Hello,

When I play, Notecaddy is very slow to update opponent's stats from the definitions I've built, while new hands are played and the numbers are evolving (Like sometimes several minutes). It isn't an issue with the hud gloablly since Hm3 hud stats update instantly.

I can also open the hm3 replayer of a hand I just played, and then I will have all the correct updated Notecaddy stats there.

It's like Notecaddy doesn't, by itself, scan its database for up-to-date information unless it's specifically asked to do so (by me opening the replayer and having to populate the hud, for example)

What could cause this? Any settings I could play with maybe?

Super Moderator

Hello,

The expected behaviour for Notecaddy to update the info on the HUD is about 2 hands. In some instances at most, the first time a popup loads in a session for a player with a lot of hands might take a few moment to show, but should load fast in the next time you want to use it.

That said, Notecaddy being slow depends on many things. Your processor and hard drive are important. How many hands in your database. How many definitions you already have. Have you optimized your database.

Check this .pdf with the recommended settings for Notecaddy to try and improve performance:

Recommended NoteCaddy Settings.pdf

Hope this helps, if you have any more doubts please ask.

jahrumble
    Last edited by jahrumble; 12-02-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks, for the advice! I have a good processor (intel i7 family) and an SSD. I try to keep my database small and remove old hands frequently. Currently, it's at 60k hands. I do have a fair amount of notecaddy definitions! About 350... Is that too much?

In terms of optimizing the database, I'm not sure what it means. Hm2 used to have a vacuum the database thing, but not Hm3.

I looked at the .pdf, but it's outdated, it's for the Hm2 version. Some of the options have disappeared, new ones are there, and recommended value could be different...

Super Moderator

Hello again,

We are preety much on the same page as far as specs. I use a 500k hands DB and also do that kind of cleanup every 6 months or a year. Reimport the hands from HMarchive folder since the new date we want to use to a new DB, recreate notes is the best procedure. I use the packages that come with the subscription of NC as well and have the performance I told you as expected behaviour on my side. Doing a small test only with the "default definitions" on and comparing to your own always gives some insight on where the issue is coming from.

This .pdf I sent you is indeed outdated and we are working on having the up to date information avaliable again. Lets use it only as an insight on what the still avaliable options do.

The behaviour you are describing with your specs and DB donīt match the performance you should be getting. Please open a support ticket using the "Send feedback" option in HM3, attach the logs there and also please answer there the following:

-Are you playing cash or MTTs
    -What pokerooms you are playing on
    -Are the definitions you are using made by yourself or from a definitions package? If so please tell me the name of the package.

We need to isolate further on what is going on on your side. Will be looking to hear from you soon.

Best wishes

jahrumble

- I'm playing Spin&Go.
    - I play on .fr rooms, and have the issue on all of them.
    - The definitions are my own, it's just of lot stack-size related stats. They seem to be working (= they all return a sensible-looking value when I review a hand in the replayer + I used the notecaddy seek function when I was building them). I'm sure I could have written any one of them in several ways, I didn't know it could affect things.

I'll send something to support

This is the same issue that I'm having. It doesn't seem to update for my entire session (not that I have noticed so far...)

My PC shouldn't be the factor here, I have a fast NVMe SSD, Ryzen 5900x and 64GB of RAM. I have 611K hands.

Hi Ten25, in the end making a new database and reimporting hands helped me; there were maybe 5-10 hands with errors, seems like it should be nothing compared to the total but notecaddy was faster after that.... but I think it's still not perfect. I never mesaged support but maybe I will eventually.

Also a pattern I've noticed sometimes is notecaddy updates a stat only(?) when it looks for it. So if there is a rare postflop scenario that's played for the first time by opponent in the session, it will stay blank and only update the stat after it's been played again a second time. I don't know if I'm being very clear.

Super Moderator

Hello,

That pattern sound familiar to something we are investigating already.

Can you please open a support ticket and attach there a definition that is doing that behaviour? The most simple the better so its easy to replicate on my side on live play.

If im understanding this correctly you are both using custom made definitions done by yourselves, is this right?

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Quote Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
    Also a pattern I've noticed sometimes is notecaddy updates a stat only(?) when it looks for it. So if there is a rare postflop scenario that's played for the first time by opponent in the session, it will stay blank and only update the stat after it's been played again a second time. I don't know if I'm being very clear.
    I think I have noticed something similar because I had someone 3b me and the stat didn't update. Then around the time they 3b me again it updated (for the first one, but not the 2nd one...). I tried a new db like you mentioned but it didn't change anything for me. I need the stats to update every time since a lot of the stats I created are extremely common scenarios (that HM3 does not already include - or the stat just is too general i.e. hands where more than 2 players are involved at some point in the hand, etc., which are not actually the same spot as what I want to track).
    Last edited by ten25; 01-12-2022 at 12:59 AM.