Saving an "old" database (that sits on a laptop, which broke down)

Default Saving an "old" database (that sits on a laptop, which broke down)

story:
    Old laptop (for poker etc.) broke (chip or battery destroyed, - windows wouldnt run anymore)

bought a new one

all the SSDs and hard drives of the old laptop are still accessible

now:

since I cant "run" HEM any longer off of the old SSD where it is installed:

how do I save / transfer / back up the PostgreSQL databases so that I can use them again on my new laptop and a fresh installation of HEM etc.

and what are the exact steps I have to do?

Right now I am backing up the folder "database" that I had outsourced to an SSD on my old laptop (~5,6 GB) - it includes 3 folders: 1: "Database" (which seems empty), "nameofmyolddatabase" which includes the folders "Importing" and "Players" and a folder of another Database named "HoldemManager2"

I'm pretty sure I would also have to do something regarding the PostgreSQL thingythings?!?!

Thank you so much in advance

Unfortunately HM2 support ended on Dec 31, 2020. You will need to upgrade to HM3 for future technical support. You can read more about the HM2 End Of Life here.

HM2 uses PostgreSQL for the database but the HM2 is split into 2 locations. The C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Database folder contains the players for the HM2 database but the bulk of the data is stored in another location depending on your version of PostgreSQL. I have version 8.4 of PostgreSQL and my HM2/PT4 databases are stored in C:\postgreSQL\data\base.

Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

Okay, thank you:

Now, - lets say I were to get a new HM3 license and make a fresh installation on my new machine;

could I just copy the /PostgreSQL/data folder from my old lone SSD from my old machine and paste it into the newly installed version of HM3/PostgreSQL and I could just keep on using it?

---

And, on another note:
    Can I reinstall a version of HM2 on my new machine and (still) use my "old" REG Key?
    I tried to simply open the installation of HEM2 on the old SSD connected to my new machine and asked for my key... I entered it and then it said I have no installations left.. :/
    ?!?!
    Last edited by lolpoker; 10-10-2021 at 05:24 PM.

You would need to restore it in HM2 on the new computer. You can take out the old drive and use something like this

To connect your old drive by USB and pull data.

Use the above FAQ to move it to the new drive. Or import from c:\hm2archive and import the HUD from the config folder in

For Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+

Please note that the drive letter will be altered to a free letter on the new computer with these hookups.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)