VPIP average obviously wrong in Opponents View

Default VPIP average obviously wrong in Opponents View

I believe this fault or a similar fault was mentioned in another support thread by the mods, but I can confirm that the VPIP average that is displayed under Opponents View, which for me is showing as 74.9%, is wildly wrong. This is obvious on multiple levels, as there is simply no way the entire population of even small stakes players is VPIPing 74% of the time or anywhere near that. More specifically, 74% is nowhere remotely close to the median entry, being dozens or perhaps even 100 players away, and the highest recorded VPIP for players with over 50 hands is 88.1, just 14 entries above the first occurring 74, while over 20 of the lowest entries are below 30.

The problem with this is that none of the other averages can be trusted even though many of them look plausible at first glance. Is there a way to copy that data into an Excel sheet or otherwise get it in comma delimited or JSON format so that those numbers can be verified or derived?

Quote Originally Posted by r4p3_dRaNk View Post
    I believe this fault or a similar fault was mentioned in another support thread by the mods, but I can confirm that the VPIP average that is displayed under Opponents View, which for me is showing as 74.9%, is wildly wrong. This is obvious on multiple levels, as there is simply no way the entire population of even small stakes players is VPIPing 74% of the time or anywhere near that. More specifically, 74% is nowhere remotely close to the median entry, being dozens or perhaps even 100 players away, and the highest recorded VPIP for players with over 50 hands is 88.1, just 14 entries above the first occurring 74, while over 20 of the lowest entries are below 30.
    I just tested a few of my test databases and my Opponents List VPIP total looks reasonable enough to be accurate without detailed checking. There is a known bug where the totals do not update if you have filters applied so make sure you clear all the filters other than the default TotalHands >= 50 filter. If you continue to have problems after clearing the filters please send us the actual database for testing with screenshots/details of the errors as instructed below.

- Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.
    - Close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - The *.hmdb files are saved by default in C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases
    - If you can't see the extension, turn off the windows option that is hiding that extension.
    - Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.
    - When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.
    - If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site wetransfer or filedropper and copy/paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

The problem with this is that none of the other averages can be trusted even though many of them look plausible at first glance. Is there a way to copy that data into an Excel sheet or otherwise get it in comma delimited or JSON format so that those numbers can be verified or derived?
    You can right-click in the upper grid of the Opponents List view and 'Save As...' the data to a *.csv or *.html file.

The specified folder is empty even after having clicked on "Show hidden files".

The .csv save worked. The good news is that I now have the actual stats. The bad news is that every single average appeared to be wrong.

I just realized the population alias is probably the better tool to use for stat mining because it should aggregate all instances rather than indirectly calculating them from a data set that is going to include a ton of 1s and 0s, which can inappropriately throw averages way off.

The ability to save in .csv alleviates all the problems I was anticipating in the use of population aliases that need to be frequently updated with new >50-hand players. From my end, the problem is resolved. Thanks. I just couldn't find any of those .hmdb files.

The specified folder is empty even after having clicked on "Show hidden files".

The .csv save worked. The good news is that I now have the actual stats. The bad news is that every single average appeared to be wrong.
    You technically shouldn't need to show hidden files to see files in your \Documents folder so you most likely created/saved your databases in a different location. You should be able to see where the current database is saved if you open the HM3 - File - 'Open Database...' menu and check the path where that database is saved.