IMPORTANT: HM2 Sync service shut down on October 31st, 2021
    HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Default IMPORTANT: HM2 Sync service shut down on October 31st, 2021

The HM2 Sync service will be discontinued on October 31, 2021 as part of the official HM2 End Of Life that was effective December 31, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    The HM2 Sync service will be discontinued on October 31, 2021 as part of the official HM2 End Of Life that was effective December 31, 2020.
    Forgive my ignorance, does this mean HM2 will stop working as is? Or mean I won't be able to reinstall and upload my backup? I'm really not keen on upgrading to HM3 given how out of whack my tournament earnings are with reality, and the response I got to asking for help with that which was essentially "sorry support for HM2 has ended, please manually edit your 6,000 tournament results with tournament histories you don't have and upgrade to HM3".

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merlinisarcane View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, does this mean HM2 will stop working as is? Or mean I won't be able to reinstall and upload my backup? I'm really not keen on upgrading to HM3 given how out of whack my tournament earnings are with reality, and the response I got to asking for help with that which was essentially "sorry support for HM2 has ended, please manually edit your 6,000 tournament results with tournament histories you don't have and upgrade to HM3".
    Hi Merlin. HM2 will continue to work as is for the most part, including database backup and restore options. The only thing that is being shutdown is the database Sync feature that uploads and downloads database from our server.

At the same time, could I ask you to contact our support and mention this forum thread in regards to your HM3 issues? Have you sent us your HM2 database backup before so we could check why its not importing into HM3 correctly? We would be happy to do what is within our capabilities to ensure a smooth transition for you, even if you do not decide to upgrade yet. HM3 tournament detection is significantly better overall than what we had in HM2, especially for newer tournaments that are being played on poker sites these days.

Cool, thanks.

I don't have HM3 issues, I have HM2 issues. I made a thread in the forums sometime in the last few weeks about the issue, where I'm showing a bunch of ridiculous tournament results that aren't even mathematically possible, and showing me with total winnings of around $85,000 and a profit of $65,000 when it's actually around $25,000 and $1,000 respectively. I was basically told 'tough, support has ended, here's a link to how you can fix this by manually checking/editing the 6,000 tournament entries you've played with the original hand histories you obviously don't have, and please upgrade to HM3 cos it's better'. I was not asked to send a database backup, though I'm happy to do so, though I fear this will just give you the clearly corrupted (who knows how) data that appears in my database.

Here is the thread:

https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=544089

I get that support has ended, but does that just mean we have to upgrade or hope that the software doesn't bug out with client updates? I just had to update Pokerstars, and now my HUD isn't displaying, even though it's recording the hands. Someone recently made a thread about the same thing happening with 888 and was told there'd been an update with the client, and 'support has ended/upgrade plz'. Obviously I'm no HM software engineer or anything, but it seems a bit cute that 2 completely different clients have updated recently and HUD displays stop for both. Did they both update the same thing? What could possibly affect the HUD from displaying the information that it's clearly recording in HM?

Then there's the other issue that started a few weeks ago, when loading up HM2, where there's an SQL error. It doesn't seem to be a biggie, you just open up the extra process window in task manager and click ok and it eventually loads up. But it's odd. And I don't know what isn't happening behind the scenes as a result, as I largely just use HM2 for the HUD, which is why I didn't notice the insane errors in my winnings until recently.

I tried to attach screenshots for both, but these forums are retarded.

But yeah, I don't see why such a basic feature as the HUD (display only) should stop working on multiple sites because they had almost certainly unrelated updates, and I can't for the life of me figure out how a number of tournaments have just decided to alter my winnings by such insane amounts that don't even make sense, to the tune of $60,000 when I play largely micro stakes. I mean the most ridiculous example is a $5.50 I played with 1,213 entrants, and placed 13th. According to HM2 I won $5,716.95, my biggest score ever. And having now just checked that, I see my total winnings have shot up to $90,000 and $70,000 in profit, meaning I've supposedly won another $5,000 since I made that other thread? In the real world, I won about $200 a few days ago, but have probably bought in for at least $100 since that other post, so my winning are up $200 and profit $100 (rough esimates).

I doubt there's anything you can/will do to fix this, beyond tell me to upgrade to HM3, but is there any guarantee that the winnings issue will be curable if I do? I would like to start utilizing such features. But I'm wondering whether I should just try PT4 instead. Either way it's $100 I'd rather have in my roll for the time being.

I do appreciate you responding so quickly and genuinely though. Back to the grind, sans HUD for now, which is a real pain with the 2 LAGs on my immediate left.