HM3 won't start regardless of what I do

Default HM3 won't start regardless of what I do

I've uninstalled, restarted computer, deleted all files, cleared registry, etc and HM3 refuses to start and always triggers a fresh installation whenever I boot it up.
    This just now started happening on the most recent update. All sorts of various issues before, but at least I could track hands lol. Any help, please?
    Last edited by hm3wontstart; 08-08-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hm3wontstart View Post
    I've uninstalled, restarted computer, deleted all files, cleared registry, etc and HM3 refuses to start and always triggers a fresh installation whenever I boot it up.
    This just now started happening on the most recent update. All sorts of various issues before, but at least I could track hands lol. Any help, please?
    Please reproduce the problem and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem.* Also include a link to this forum thread and your forum user name.

You can also attach any screenshots or other files to the Send Feedback interface as long as they don't total over 10 MB (including logs).

If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I can not even get HM3 to start. Please reread what I wrote. It won't open on an install. There is no left sidebar menu.
    After I finish either the express or advanced setup a HM3 server icon appears in the bottom right of my screen but the program itself never opens.
    Last edited by hm3wontstart; 10-15-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Hello,

The last line in our post has a link to an FAQ that shows how to get logs manually. You also can use "Copy HM3 logs" in the start menu. This is all explained as well in that FAQ we linked.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Hello,

The last line in our post has a link to an FAQ that shows how to get logs manually. You also can use "Copy HM3 logs" in the start menu. This is all explained as well in that FAQ we linked.
    Sending them now. I have had it work in the past by clicking "new database" and using a file I found on HM3 forums that was a fresh database. I'll attempt that if someone can direct me to where that is or how I can locate it.
    Last edited by hm3wontstart; 10-16-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Sending them now. I have had it work in the past by clicking "new database" and using a file I found on HM3 forums that was a fresh database. I'll attempt that if someone can direct me to where that is or how I can locate it.
    Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

If you continue to have problems:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Please zip* the entire C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\ folder as shown in this video.
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory.
    * Note: When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site wetransfer or filedropper and copy/paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

If you continue to have problems:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Please zip* the entire C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\ folder as shown in this video.
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory.
    * Note: When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site wetransfer or filedropper and copy/paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.
    I don't have a HM3 folder within that directory. Nothing is within documents on the C drive.

Did you follow the ticket as well? You should stick with one method for support. It's too difficult going back and forth and keeping up with what is said in one place or the other.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I don't have a HM3 folder within that directory. Nothing is within documents on the C drive.
    Then you must have created the database(s) in a non-default path. We might be able to determine the path if you send us the log files we asked for or you could try searching Windows File Explorer for *.hmdb files on your system.

I also attached a new empty database file to this post that you can try to download to your PC and double click.

If none of that helps please send us the log files, screenshots, details of the issue as instructed in my previous reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files