Notecaddy doesnt open

Default Notecaddy doesnt open

Can somebody help me with opening the Notecaddy app? Because when I click on the Apps tab in HM3 then Notecaddy, then "Show Notecaddy" nothing happens. I tried to click on the "Open Caddy Report" tab, but got the same results. Tried to disable and then enable it with no results. And yes I supposed to have Notecaddy, its in my apps list.
    Also why I am at it, is there a way to import the custom created notes?

Super Moderator

Hello,

From your description Notecaddy is installed and responding to your requests - Enable/disable, be able to get to APPS - Notecaddy -Show Notecaddy - if there was an issue with NC launching most likely you would not be able to get this far.

When clicking "Show Notecaddy" please look carefully at the taskbar if there is a "Notecaddy" window ready to click ( Especially on the first install it has a weird habit of opening behind the HM3 main window, not on top. I have experiencied this myself many times and keep getting surprised by this at times. )

If thi does not work you can try to make NC reinstall by:

- Closing HM3 and the "Holdem Manager server" icon on the bottom right of your screen.
    - Go to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData and MOVE the Notecaddy folder to your desktop to act as a backup
    - Restart HM3 and allow a couple minutes for NC to download and install. Then go to APPS and try to launch it. Agin pay attention to what I mentioned in the fist part. This will be a first install and you have to go and get the Notecaddy windo to folloup the first install of NC.

Let me know if this helped.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

I tried reinstalling it, but it didnt solve the problem. I can see the NotecaddyHM3.exe process in the task manager but thats it. The notecaddy is nowhere to be found. Its not on the taskbar thats for sure (the hidden icon pop up on the taskbar also doesnt show it)

Super Moderator

Hello,

This is really odd. When you click "Show Notecaddy" Does it show the image of Notecaddy launching right in the middle of the HM3 screen?

Make sure you are using the latest release of HM3. Go to TOOLS -Settings - General - Tick ON the "Prompt for beta updates". After this go to HELP - Check for updates.
    By the end you should be on HM3v.3.1.21.7756 and Notecaddy v.2.9.9021

If this still does not fix it:

Please open a support ticket using the "Send feedback" option in HM3 and attach your log files there. You can find them here: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\Logs (zip the files and leve the archive folder out).

We need to figure out why NC is not showing up altough its launching it seems.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

I am having the same problem as you ,did you make it work ?

I've had the bug before, when the "store temporary images on a virtual drive" option was added. I checked that option to try it and notecaddy wouldn't open (it's working now, was several versions ago). Back then I found the configuration file and edited it to disable it back that way and it worked!

I am having the same problem. Notecaddy won't launch for me in HM3. I opened a ticket and they told me to just restart HM3. That didn't work, obviously.

Super Moderator

Hello serpentnebula

If you did try these steps:

Make sure you are using the latest release of HM3. Go to TOOLS -Settings - General - Tick ON the "Prompt for beta updates". After this go to HELP - Check for updates.
    By the end you should be on HM3v.3.1.21.7794 and Notecaddy v.2.9.9021

and after:

- Closing HM3 and the "Holdem Manager server" icon on the bottom right of your screen.
    - Go to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData and MOVE the Notecaddy folder to your desktop to act as a backup
    - Restart HM3 and allow a couple minutes for NC to download and install. Then go to APPS and try to launch it. Agin pay attention to what I mentioned in the fist part. This will be a first install and you have to go and get the Notecaddy windo to folloup the first install of NC.

If this did not fix it for you and you have opened a support case already, rest assured I will receive it and answer you to get it sorted.

Best wishes,

jahrumble